close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Delaware Lake

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by AEFISHING, Mar 14, 2005.

1. AEFISHING

AEFISHING Crappie Freak

Anyone know where I can get a good map of this lake? I tried to print the one on this site but it wouldn't print. I think I might just have to order one. If you have any secret crappie holes please let me know ;). I am going to try the OGF tournament in April. I have never fished the lake and I am not sure I will be able to make it up there before the tournament. I thought I could study a map and see if I can get a game plan from that.

2. BlueBoat98

BlueBoat98 Where's Waldo?

3. bones

bones blah-blah-blah

i have 2 maps one is just the odnr map that shows the basic lay out of the lake and the second map is the fish ohio map its hard to see but does tell some depths.i got that for the walmat on 23 north and powell rd.i dont fish forcrappy much so i cant help you there.if you take 23 north to 229 turn left their is a bait store they may have a better map.
    i would put the map from fish ohio on here but i dont have a scaner. :(

4. striperfreak

striperfreak stripes and smallies

concentrate on the area just north of the state park marina area...

5. a227986,
    I just sent you a PM.

6. We were up there for a little while today to look it over. It is way, way low right now. Judging from the rust marks on the boat slip pilings, it is probably down by 8 ft.

From the boat launch at the marina, we could see that there was not alot of fallen timber... maybe a dozen such downed trees (smaller sized and older). The trees we saw will later be submerged only when the lake is full. The shorelines are nice and gradual - some a little steeper than others. Most is soft bottom, and there are a few gravelly areas too. My thinking after seeing it was that focusing on fallen timber will be hard to do.

Only two boats on the water. Very cold and grey.

7. ShakeDown

ShakeDown OGF Staff Staff Member Admin

There's a ton of fallen timber north of the no-wake bouys on that lake. Also shallows up there too. Deeper water is between the Dam and Beach areas.

Anyone plannin on pre-fishing? I'll be out there the weekend prior if conditions allow.

8. We'll probably be there the weekend before to pre-fish, too. It's reported to be a hot crappie lake, so one of those two weekends should be "on". And if we get skunked on tournament day, well then I can tell some stories about the week before. :rolleyes:

Are the shallows a concern for V-bottom boats in the north area? Are there creeks up there deep enough for boats?

9. ShakeDown

ShakeDown OGF Staff Staff Member Admin

I wouldn't sweat it King...your deep v should be fine!

I've never gone wayyyy up north. Never needed to ;)

10. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

bein as i've never fished the lake,i plan to do a little scouting and pre-fish it.

11. bones

bones blah-blah-blah

im headed there in the am. :D some of the coves are not too deep either although i dont have a boat i have fushed the lake many times.the lake turns into the river past 229 i would not take a deep v up there.lots of timber and it gets shallow.as shakedown said.

12. LFN

LFN

If you go too far north you have to be in the river channel. Have seen a few boats stuck in the mud. Sometimes the channell is marked by locals.

13. I have fished Delaware numerous times and HAVE all the Crappie "hot spots" marked on my Lowrance. neener, neener, neener........ :p
    Come payday I will register and probably have my Pastor with me. God will be on our side. For sure.
    As far as pre-fishing it, I really don't believe too much in that unless it is several weeks before. Otherwise the fish will be too shocked and scared and might just not recover in a week or a day for the tournament.

:)

14. bones

bones blah-blah-blah

was up there today very low.up north you can see the river channel.dont know if you could get a boat up there.one of are summer bass spots is now mud. :(

15. You can go quite a ways up both the Olentangy and Whetstone during normal summer pool levels. Yes, there is a lot of downed timber in the north end. Hit these areas hard cause that's where the Crappie will be.

16. bones

bones blah-blah-blah

anyone fishing sat.the 26th

17. If there spawing i know where to go. I know a place where you could catch 50-70 all 9-13 inches but they have to be in spawning mode. Normaly any where from mid april to late may. Closer to mid to late may though. Its always hard to tell, but when you do watch out! I will give you this though if they are in spawn, fish areas 3-8 foot deep with rocks and timber. If there not spawning fish the deeper water.