close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Delaware County Smallies!!

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by fishslim, Aug 18, 2007.

1. Well i took my buddy out in boat mid-week for smallies at Alum so Mike called and said my turn to take you out. I got a stretch of river with plenty of nice Smallies and rock bass. I did not hesitate after seeing all the great river fishing that has been going on. We only had a couple hours so we headed right out. Beautiful day out,we fished mid-afternoon. Only fished 4 holes with great success. We got 18 smallmouth 10"-16" with 10 of them over 14" and the rockbass were huge!! All caught on different top water lures! The explosion on the lure was incredible,as well as the high flying display! One hole we got 8 nice ones i got the 2 pictured in 3 casts. What was fun was how we could see them rocket up and hit the lure which was making it hard to wait for them to get lure!! :) I ended up with 5 species on the same top water lure Smallmouth,Largemouth,Warmouth,Rockbass, Bluegill. Most fish today were in front part of holes to middle not much in back end of hole was happening. Water was up some and has a nice coolness to it. Thanks again Mike what a couple hours it was.[​IMG][​IMG]

2. Perchy101

Perchy101 Here Fishy Fishy Fishy

Good lookin Smallies Slim...

3. StuckAtHome

StuckAtHome Mad SOT YAKER!

Good looking fish, if I could say the same for the fishermen,lol. Looks like a good time.
    Mike

4. crittergitter

crittergitter Multi Species Angler

Way to go on the smallies Slim. Great post as well! You sure do spank a lot of fish whenever and where ever you go.

CG

5. Thanks Critter! That was a fun couple hours. I tried to make sure and follow the river rules posting:D I must have done okay i did not get any reminders! It is getting real close to prime time on Crappies and Saugeyes cannot wait!! Hope you get out soon. HeyMike i thought that was one of my better pictures very slimming! lol:)

6. shwookie

shwookie fishing from a kayak

Wow, that is a good haul with 10 being over 14"!
    Nice work.

Funny, I grew up in delaware and only once fished a river.
    That was before I found smallies though.
    Wish I knew then what I think I know now.

7. crittergitter

crittergitter Multi Species Angler

Ha Ha! I love that last line. That's fishing in a nutshell right there!

CG

8. Shwookie i was impressed. My buddy had two that jumped off would push 18" they were footballs. The guy who took me was surprised how many smallies were in each hole. He said i would fish them and get 1-2 per hole pretty quick then move on to next hole i made him fish them slower one hole not a swipe for about ten minutes then hit one and they just kept coming he was in shock. Told him nice not to have to walk more then you have to:D

9. shwookie

shwookie fishing from a kayak

Its nice spending more time fishing than wading, walking, or dragging, thats for sure.