close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

delaware catfishing

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by jake74, Jul 18, 2007.

1. jake74

jake74 catfishing machine

Is it just me or are the catfish at delaware not biting. I have had very bad luck the last two weeks at delaware. Not to say I have gotten skunked alot but the bite is few and far between. Any body have any hot baits or recommendations that might help.

2. I've had horrible success with delaware this year. I live about 20 minutes from there, but I'm avoiding this lake due to horrible fishing compared to other lakes.

3. the only rig i use is a 1/2 oz egg sinker and 1/0 hook 2 or 3 crawlers or a small blue gill. gotta fish the evening near deep water.

4. fishintechnician

fishintechnician Amateur legend

i've had decent luck with soft craws on bottom with just a small pinch weight.
    i haven't fished the main lake much, usually fish the river as it comes into the lake. cut shad have also been ok

5. Well I had planed a trip to Delaware in the next few weeks. Thanks for the info.

6. crittergitter

crittergitter Multi Species Angler

This time of year is usually great for catfish at Delaware, though I haven't fished it this year. I always use fresh cut shad. I generally like to fish shallow flats in the evenings this time of year.

CG

7. jake74

jake74 catfishing machine

Hey guys went out last night and caught several nice fish on cut shad. A couple of buddies of mine caught one each, however they were 28 and 30 1/2 inches all in all a real good night on delaware lake FINALLY

8. Thats good to hear.I will have to go up an give it a try.