Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Hardcore Fishing Yakker
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I am going out Saturday and I am thinking on going to Alum North of 36 again. But was thinking about Delaware and Hoover. I have not been to Delaware at all so would not know where to go and Hoover been twice but that was in the summer time.
What do you experience Central Ohio fisherman think? And what kind of techniques should I use regarding lures and colors? I will be fishing from a kayak.
I have lived here in Columbus for a few years now but not to sure about these reservoirs. I am from Erie PA so I fished all the tributary streams going into Lake Erie and have fished Lake Erie pretty much my whole childhood up to the time I moved to Ohio. Some times I do really well at alum but most times I feel like I don't know what I am doing. It is for sure fishing here in Central Ohio is a lot more difficult than fishing from the streams and from the lake but then again maybe if you as somebody who fish the streams at first they might say the same.
Thanks for what ever I can get.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Hoover was great on sunday. I caught 5 fish total. 4 over 12 inches and one short. The 4 together weighed over 11lbs. Biggest was 4.14. I didnt get a ton of bites, but 3 were on a jig, the other 2 on squarebills. The warm weather will have them roaming the shallows by the rock, and any run off you can find will be good too. We are supposed to get some rain, and it should be a warmer rain. You find the run off, you will most likely find the fish because that rain water will be much warmer than the lake. Water temp last sunday was 47 on average. as low as 45 as high as 49. hope this helps!

·
Hardcore Fishing Yakker
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
oh i have a Christmas party later on this Saturday night so i will have some fun.

·
Hardcore Fishing Yakker
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hoover was great on sunday. I caught 5 fish total. 4 over 12 inches and one short. The 4 together weighed over 11lbs. Biggest was 4.14. I didnt get a ton of bites, but 3 were on a jig, the other 2 on squarebills. The warm weather will have them roaming the shallows by the rock, and any run off you can find will be good too. We are supposed to get some rain, and it should be a warmer rain. You find the run off, you will most likely find the fish because that rain water will be much warmer than the lake. Water temp last sunday was 47 on average. as low as 45 as high as 49. hope this helps!
The rock? Where is this or are you saying fish by rocks and thanks this dose help

·
Registered
94 Posts
sorry that is kind of vague lol. Any rock in general will be good with the warming weather. The bigger rocks will hold more heat in the water and keep them good and shallow if we get any sun with this warm up. But i have had a lot of luck with the rip rap banks along the bridges as well. its shallow cover, with deep water close by, so they will come up and feed then drop back into the deeper water.

·
Hardcore Fishing Yakker
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Well I will give Hoover a try tomorrow then. Probably get out around 9 to 10 and fish tell early afternoon.
Thanks for the suggestions

1 - 8 of 8 Posts