Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Multi Species Angler
6,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lots of guys fishing there today. Had a boat pull up and anchor 20 yards from us. Some people are rude like that. In fact, they anchored right on top of a small bush I had been casting to. They only caught a couple dinks and then they moved on. We didn't get into them very well, so we got a little work cut out for us.

CG

·
Registered
4,483 Posts
What was the water like up there? Stained? Water temp coming up? Get used to that critter i have had guys park right next to me where you could basically jump from your boat to theres. Some do not think others do not care!! Fished Alum this evening worked hard to find some decent fish those females moved back out from shallows where they were Friday night to about 7-10 foot deep. Wind was brutal finally laid down plowed 8 12-14" females off a deeper wood spot would be perfect for this coming saturdays tourney they were heavy fish!!;)

·
Multi Species Angler
6,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Water was stained. I am gonna guess the surface temp was in the range of 63 to 67. Fish are just starting to relate to shallow brush and we caught a few males barely big enough to keep that had been working the beds. I'm sure you'll hit it sometime this week and get dialed in.

CG

·
Premium Member
2007 Stratos 486 FS
13,614 Posts
We were out yesterday as well. Surface temps were in the 63-64 range everywhere we went.

Fishing was hot for us, but of course that will change come tourney time.

Water was muddy north, stained south. Can you say WINDY!!! My ankle is sore from being on that trolling motor for 8 hours straight.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts