close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Def Leppard concert

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by kmb411, Jul 5, 2007.

1. I am stuck going to the Def Leppard concert with my wife on Sunday night. My plan is to get into the parking lot early and tailgate and grill some steaks or something. Anyone else going? The more at a tailgate the better!

I say stuck going 'cause my wife loves Def Leppard and I have avoided their concerts for the past 18 years, but I figured if it will make her happy I will go.
    (I think her boyfriend is busy this year!:D )

2. ShakeDown

ShakeDown OGF Staff Staff Member Admin

Yeah I had plans, so my apologies :D

Enjoy man...dunno if I could stomach REO tho.

3. Well KMB all I can say is I am glad my wife isn't a fan. I guess if you look on the bright side maybe you will get a little for being such a good husband :) I hope you can find some decent people to hang with.

4. Lots of beer, some cap't, I should be OK.

REO oh ralph? Now I know it will be serious tailgating.

5. Like I said Tailgating!!%

6. And so did jesus...;)

7. Hetfieldinn

Hetfieldinn Staff Member

What has nine arms and sucks.....................

Def Leppard

Just a joke I heard which I found ammusing. I've seen both Def Leppard and REO in concert. Although both bands are way past their prime, I'm sure it will be a great show. The eye candy you'll most likely see there will more than make up for the price of admission.

8. If by eye candy you mean chicks with their hair sprayed up an extra 10 inches in spandex about 50 pounds overweight :)

9. NewbreedFishing

NewbreedFishing High Speed Angling

Def Leppard is the appitamy of a sellout! They are a hard rock band that have tried everything they could to get around that label.
    Joe elliot is a bloated moose and Phil Collen should have stayed with his pior band 'GIRL':confused:

I saw DL in there absolute prime...HIGH n DRY opening for Blackfoot @ Vets memorial around 81 and it was awesome. I caught them 2x on the Pyromania tour with Krokus and Gary Moore\m/. Now that Pete Willis and Steve Clarke(RIP) are no longer involved the music has evolved to completely beat happy pop with retarded lyrics. They even converted one of my favorite guitarist Vivian Campbell(xDIO) into a tippy toed, limp wristed, cheese cloth shirt wearing geek:mad: ! I am all for evolving and expierementing but if you watch there VH1 show a member of the audience asks them why they wont play there old stuff....Joe Elliot simply stated because those songs were not radio friendly and they would do anything it took to reach the biggest audience they could which to me is openly obmitting to selling out. I guess he has no problem in doing that, but I do. You have to cater to your fans...but at the same time ballance that fine line and remember where you came from. I think this is really where they failed. Bands like Areosmith and Bon Jovi have always mixed it up (hard and soft)as to not totally alienate from there fans.

No offense to those who are going...I think STYX will probably be the suprise of the night.

thats a good one HET!:p

10. When did you see my wife's outfit? Complete with tube top!!!:D

11. UFM82

UFM82 The one others want to be

Don't sugarcoat it. Tell us how you REALLY feel. LOL
    UFM82

12. Def Leppard ???
    REO ???
    Styxx ???

Kill me now....KMB - I feel your pain. You have my deepest sympathies.....

Newbreed - I remeber those tours. I couldn't see spending that kind of money (and concerts were affordable back then...) just to see Krokus...the only thing Def Leppard was good for was to get a litltle "something-something" from the girls...I have always been a big DIO fan (still have the program form the Last in Line Tour - 1985 maybe????) but I lost all respect for V.A. when I heard that move... Heck... I would listen to Styper before listening to DL ( let's see if any of the old metal-heads remember that band.....)

13. Darwin

Darwin If your gonna be a bear..

Enjoy the concert kmb411, I agree with Newbreed that Styx will probably be a big suprise for you. They don't have to deal with the theatrics from Dennis Deyoung now so they should be pretty good. Blue Collar Man is and all time favorite song of mine.
    Mitch you mentioned Dio earlier, (sorry to get off track here a little kmb411) I just picked up a greatest hits CD of his a few weeks back. That guy rocks!! Is there a bigger voice coming from a smaller guy? I think the Heaven and Hell CD is by far Sabbath's best and I am a big Ozzy fan.

As far as Def Leppard goes, it's a band that I can listen to or not listen to. I would have to agree with what a few people have said on here. There should be plenty of eye candy for you to look at while they are on......

Het, I laughed out loud at that joke!!:D

14. What? No takers? No eye candy watchers, or reel men that can show their wifes a good (in her mind) time? I'm disappointed in all of y'all!
    ;)

15. Lewzer

Lewzer Powderfinger

Hey KMB,
    At least she isn't dragging you to a Bobby Brown concert!
    Someone I know:( was dragged to the above mentioned concert by a very short term girlfriend only to run into three of his sisters and their friends. No eye candy at this concert either.

16. Darwin

Heck kmb411, my wife will point them out and ask me what I think of them!:D
    Of course I make some sort of comment like "Yes she looks good but not as good as you babe!" She just rolls her eyes and tells me I am full of something!:S

17. NewbreedFishing

YO Tim,

Is Dennis D. not with them? I guess i could google but ...why:eek:
    He was half the band really. Sort of like Journey without Perry

Cool that you said that dude because i get strange looks when i state that I like DIO era SABBATH better then OZZY era. [​IMG]Mob Rules/Heaven and Hell!! Yes Dio could sing Ozzy under the table but Ozzy was more of a star figuer for the hippy age so he fit into that scene. Dio is more sinister, [​IMG]mystic and dynamic and his voice is still strong. IMO Ozzy and Sharon should have retired years ago. Please buy an island and sail away ..and take Zak with ya[​IMG]

18. Darwin

You know I did not verify that but I had heard on the radio that he was not with them anymore. I just assumed it was true and well you know what happens when we ASS-U-ME :D ;)

I was talking to a group of guys at a birthday party the other night. Anyway, I was talking about remembering seeing Tony Iommi on the Muppet Show! The Freaking Muppet Show!!!! Kermit the Frog introduced him like he did all of the guest!:cool: :p

19. NewbreedFishing

:) :eek: you gotta be kidding....musta have been some heavy money dropped by sabbaths label or old Jim Henson was a satanist!!

MISS PIGGY ....WAR PIGGY!!

DIE!