close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

DeerCreek 4/17

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by buckeyeguy, Apr 17, 2008.

1. The creek is still cold. Don't take it to the bank, but I would guess the temp is still in the high 40s, but can't be higher than 50. My buddy caught one largemouth on a minnow and jighead. Other than that it was dead.

Fished the lake by the dam at one of our early season crappie spots and didn't catch anything. The lake is still a little on the muddy side.

The spillway was in the same condition it was in the other day. Maybe down a few inches at best. Fished a jighead and minnow and between the three of us caught 5 or 6 saugeye, a crappie and a male wb. There were a couple of other folks there that caught some gills, a cat and a couple saugeye. None of the saugeye were large but ranged from 8-14 in. We usually don't keep them unless their 13" or longer.

2. Thanks for the report, I have been tempted to come down with a buddy for some crappie, sounds like it would be better to hold off for a week or so.

3. With the warm rain you guys are getting down there today, the water temps should start to rise a little. I hope they will be on by this comming Friday.