close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Deer visit back yard today

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by skipjack11, Mar 1, 2005.

1. skipjack11

skipjack11 retread member

I had a herd of deer visit my back yard about 11:00 AM today. They were leaving as I took this photo out my window. Sugarcreek Reserve is about 100 yards down the creek from my back yard so I get frequent visitors. I can see them within 20 feet of the house at night when we have snow on the ground or a full moon. I'll try to get some better photos next time.
    [​IMG]

2. Looks like you won't have to go far next season ;)

3. I think I can even see his chair in the left side of the pic where he will sit. I think I could even make that shot.:D

4. 2talltim

2talltim Bubby wanna be

looks like my back yard on occasion....deer visit me every now and then.... im all around corn fields and my yard is a short cut....im just waiting for them to come crashing though my sliding glass door one day

5. WillyB

WillyB Go Bucks!!!

They have eaten everything green in my yard this winter. The ornamental pines around the house look like they have been shaved clean. Rhoededendrums (sp?) holly bushes, etc. picked clean. We used to love to watch them in the evenings and now I chase them every chance I get (to no avail). My wife counted 25 one night but there is always 1/2 dozen or so. Oh well hopefully everything will green up once spring gets here.

6. I live in the city of Medina and get deer, turkeys and all the assorted small game including Daisy and Penneys favorite, skunks. Dasisy and Penney do a good job as far as keeping the deer away from the house and the landscaping.

7. skipjack11

skipjack11 retread member

I live on 3/4 acre in town with a 600 acre game refuge behind my house so it's photo shooting only.

8. I counted 14 video next to my yard last night. I took a video and I'll put them on my site and create a link to it! They were in a playful mood.