close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Deer hurdles truck....almost

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Froggy, Aug 27, 2004.

1. The driver was alone and walked away from the crash

Attached Files:

2. I'm going to go ahead and assume the deer didn't walk away from that one.

3. I bet that driver is thinking we need more hunters!

4. Procraftboats21

Procraftboats21 Original OGF Member

yeah it looks the deer stuck around atleast till the police arrived :D

5. mrfishohio

mrfishohio Recovering Fishaholic

Okay, I give up, what happened? Did it jump off the bridge? Did the truck roll ? It looks like dirt or doo doo on the roof, the roof is caved way in, the deer is in the windshield. If the deer was hit on the fly, I would've bounced off the roof & not wound up in front of the point of impact and inside the windshield. Appears the whole right side of the roof cage was pulled in and away from the passenger door. :confused:
    Of course, had the truck actually rolled, there would be damage to doors, etc. Did he clip a pole or something too ?

6. I agree with MFO on this one. That deer was not simply hit while driving down the highway. There is no damage to the front of the vehicle. And how could a deer falling from an overpass collapse the roof and land in that position? It looks strange. Not that I am totally discounting the event but it seems that there are so many doctored up photos anymore that it makes one wonder.

7. You caught me!!!!! I thought I was doin' a really good job of doctoring pictures, but I guess I need more work at it.

My guess is that MOST of the deer ended up somewhere behind the truck...left a skid mark across the top....was cut in half and just the hind end fell on to the dash board.

8. I was not suspecting you Froggy with the doctoring job. It is just that there are so many that get forwarded in the cyberspace.

I did find this exact picture listed in a page dedicated to hoax pictures.

http://www.museumofhoaxes.com/tests/hoaxphotoanswers.html

This picture is listed on there as real and it was caused by a deer jumping off an overpass and landing on a passing car. However, that is the only part of the story provided. It seems amazing that the driver was unharmed as indicated in the original post. That is one lucky driver.

By the way the link above lists some interesting pics.

9. AndroDoug

AndroDoug Duke of Bucketmouth

Cool pictures!! I have a theory on how the deer landed in that postion and caused that particuliar damage.

The deer undoubtadely jumped off the bridge and went HEAD FIRST into the windshield, with it's back facing the rear of the truck. It's body whiplashed on to the roof as the head went into the window, causing the damage you see. The collapse in the roof is more prominent in the front when compared to the back of the roof. The deer's mass is greater towards the torso than towards the hind legs, hence less damage in the rear of the roof. It then whiplashed back as the truck stopped, resting in the position you see in the pic. The mess you see on the back of the roof is blood and fur. The truck is red, so you cannot see the blood. My mother hit a deer once in a yellow Datsun B210 (long time ago), and her hood and windshield was pasted the same way with blood and fur.

As far as that guy wanting more hunters... The deer was probably RUNNING from hunters. Look at the season in the background. It panicked and jumped off.

10. monsterKAT11

monsterKAT11 Team Fatty

thats a pretty reasonable theory, makes sense to me.

11. gonefishin'

gonefishin' Lifestyle Farmer

12. AndroDoug

Additionally, I have a theory on why the deer looks so "funny", of why you can only see the rear of the torso and the body kinda disapears.

The deer did not get cut in half, but it's back broke, seperating internally from the rest of the skeleton. Skin can stretch a LONG way when the skeleton is severed. The other part of the torso is farther in the truck than you might think, by 2 feet or more than it should be. A friend of mine had a couple of Tokay Geckos once and they ate mice. They would catch a 4" mouse and climb up the glass, holding the mouse by the head, and face down, with the mouse hanging. They then would whiplash the mouse into the glass repeatadely for the next hour, breaking the neck and the bones inside. The neck area of the mouse would be stretched to 2-3" long, bringing the length to 6" long or more. That is what happened to this deer, only in the middle.

13. Upon even further inspection...it appears as if the front half of the deer is just behind the left front wheel....right front leg tucked under and the right ear resting on the curb. Probably got pulled out by the driver (????)

14. AndroDoug

That's a potato chip bag.

15. Yeah I noticed when I posted that link that the picture on the other site was of a slightly different angle. However, the contents of the photo look very consistent with this one which leads me to believe it is of the same incident.

I think AndroDoug is probably on the right track on the way that it entered the vehicle. However, the reason for it jumping would be pure speculation as to it running from hunters. That could be true but it could also be true that was avoiding traffic on the road above and perhaps it was even struck from up there first. Or it may have been jumping the rail to avoid traffic thinking it would end up in the ditch.:eek:

Not matter how it happened that is a freak accident for sure.

16. Okay now I have one more thing that I noticed. It appears that the road on the overpass has a high fence along it. If that fence is on both sides there would be no way a deer to make it off there.:confused: Perhaps it was struck by an oncoming vehicle and thrown up on the windshield. Or it tried to make one big hurdle and same up short...just like the title says.;) :D

17. It was running away from my EX mother in law....she used to chase 'em out of her garden wheelding a butcher knife. :eek: :eek:

18. mrfishohio

mrfishohio Recovering Fishaholic

Okay, makes more sense. I was just trying to figure how it was hit & then it had to come from above. Probably did a sort of nose dive thru the windshield with it's trunk hitting the roof. :confused:
    [​IMG]
    Then again, it may have hit on the roof on it's side, with it's head & upper body hitting the windshield. :rolleyes:

19. If that is the way it was hit then I would say the substance on the roof is excrement because I am sure the impact knocked that out of him.;) :D