deer hunting

Discussion in 'Northeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by dynamite1298, Oct 23, 2008.

1. dynamite1298

dynamite1298 shore fisherman

im looking for some private land to do some deer hunting with my 11 year old son . will need land owner to sign permission slip.

2. Go to the Hunters Forums at the bottom of the Opening Page you may get a better response...from somebody who may know someone...Good Luck to you and your Son...:!

3. eyepod.barnes

eyepod.barnes catch me outta Bula.. how bout dat

also there are some great oppertunites on public land if you dont have any luck with the private .berlin, mosquito,ect,ect . check out the dnr site for some detailed maps

4. dynamite1298

well i kinda wanted to stay away from that . this is the frist time im taking him hunting . he wont have a gun .

5. Dynamite-
    Check out Camp Beldon (sp?) in Lorain county. It is still public land but is reserved for youth only. I ran into a guy when I was dove hunting this year - said it was descent for public land. There may be resrictions - I would check ODNR's page before befre you head out. Have fun.

6. dynamite1298

well thats not going to work . my son wont be taking his gun for the first time out

7. Knock on some farmhouse doors and ask. There's prob. 1,000 deer within 10mile radius of you(some hogs too!). I've heard about some local guys from your vicinity who do very well every year(as a group, driving) in your general area. I've personally seen deer on 224 east of you in fields and near the road. I know, it can get discouraging but it only takes one score and you'll only get as much out of it as you put into it...