close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Deer Disease Outbreak in Lorain & Jefferson Counties

Discussion in 'Bucks and Does' started by Osmerus, Aug 31, 2017.

1. bobk

bobk

Double post

Last edited: Sep 15, 2017
  2. Wow...what an incredible buck!

3. buckeyebowman

buckeyebowman On the back 9 and loving it!

Yep! That was my BIL's experience. Took about 5 years for the population to rebound.

Yes, it was wet early on, but overall it's been a dry year. Early on I couldn't get into my garden to weed because I'd sink in up to my ankles! Not too much later I was out there every other day watering to keep the thing alive!

4. I just spent the day in north west Jefferson near bergholz. I did not find any dead deer yet as of 9/15. Hoping for frost before it gets hit hard.

OutdoorMediaCo likes this.
  5. Doboy

Doboy HeWhoDiesWithTheMostToysWins

I was just sent conformation for Beaver Creek Park area,,,, a good friend lives up above the Horseman's camp (down wind from the River) & he said that he could smell the stench as soon as he opens the door!
    That's where we usually bow hunt,,,,, He said "no need to come down!"

6. I will agree with snag, I am in central portage and it took a toll. About 5 years or so before any rebound.

snag likes this.
  7. buckeyebowman

buckeyebowman On the back 9 and loving it!

Yep! Talked to Bruce this evening on the phone, and he said the ODNR Facebook page has pics of 7 "to die for" bucks dead of EHD in Beaver Creek SP!

Back home his bait and mineral piles aren't getting hit, and his deer trails are growing in!

Up in Y'town the deer in Mill Creek seem to be doing fine, but that creek never really dried up. Of course, I can't hunt there!

8. PapawSmith

PapawSmith Bud n Burgers

Have they convinced you yet, between this and the other threads? Turns out that it is not such a "click bait title", right?

caseyroo and fastwater like this.
  9. Haven't heard much recently but I heard theRichmond area is basicly wiped out.

10. I live in parma and they are being found dead all over ,,, ride down pleasant valley and tri c and you will smell the stench ....mostly bucks