Deer Creek

Discussion in 'Bucks and Does' started by tsmokiee, Dec 5, 2007.

1. I'm thinking about going to Deer Creek for the muzzleloader season. Does anyone have any info about the place? I've heard it's a very big and has a pretty good population of deer, but have never been there.

Thanks

Tommy

2. stumpsitter

stumpsitter Regular Guy

I've never hunted deer there but I have seen a lot of them while hunting other things and fishing there.

I have seen many big bucks there-including the biggest antlers that I have ever seen on a living buck. He ran from private property and across the golf course to a woods. This was in January and he was with another nice buck-probably a P&Y-but he dwarfed that one. Most of the big bucks I have seen there were in no-hunting zones, though.

I also saw the biggest bodied whitetail that I have ever seen there. He was huge-very fat. He didn't even seem to be built like a deer. He must have been ancient. His antlers were thick, but very small.

3. flathunter

flathunter Mellons mentor

I drive rt 207 everyday and night to and from work...This goes right thru deer creek wildlife area....I have seen lots of deer, and a few nice ones...Deer creek did not get much hunting pressure from what I saw for the week of gun season...But you will find the biggest bucks in the no-hunting areas.

4. I have seen alot of deer there as well also while hunting other game, most of the deer that I have seen have been doe, most of the ones I have seen have been pretty close to the creek itself(not the main lake) recently I have seen them around old 207.

5. Awesome info guys!! Thanks much