close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Deer Creek

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by Fish Slayer, Aug 29, 2007.

1. Well, I guess today was a great day. I caught my own personal best creek smallie (three and a half to five lbs.) as well as five or six Garr, other smallies, and cats! The bite was so good I couldn't relax, I was constantly trying to set a hook or reel a fish in! I caught quite a few and have pictures of some of them which I'll share as soon as I figure out how to post them. The majority of the fish I caught were sixteen inches to three feet (Garr were up to three feet). The action was unreal! I broke a rod and bent some hooks. I also missed quite a few hits. I was fishing holes where rapids ran in to the deep hole. I also found a lot of fish in the shade around overhanging trees.

2. Too busy setting hooks and reeling in!
    That's a good problem to have.:)
    :F

3. shwookie

shwookie fishing from a kayak

How long was it?

Sounds like a good trip.

4. Bubba bass bigfoot

Bubba bass bigfoot Lucky Fisher, or skilled?

Sounds like a good trip. congrats on the pb

5. It was very long and heavy,but my old fish scale was pretty rusted up! I never really cared to use it until yesterday with that hog stream smallie! The scale is probably an antique.

6. I'm going to deer creek in a few weeks, so any advice, or pointers you can offer as far as general locations to start would be most appreciated! I don't know the lake at all, as I'm from Northeast Ohio, and I'll be there for a conference, so I'd like to try and wet a line while there...

Again, any advice, tips etc...would be most appreciated!!

P.S...Great job on all them fish! I wish I had your problems with having to set all those darn hooks when I go fishing!!:D