close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Deer Creek

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by JBLSHADRAP, Jun 8, 2007.

1. Hello everyone im pretty much new on here looking forward to chatting with some of you i live out next to deer creek and fish the lake alot here lately i have caught alot of channel cats on the westbank side of the lake just south of the marina and have done well trolling early in the morning in front of the resort

2. Hello JBL... we fish Deer Creek pretty often, but we don't have a boat. Know of any decent places along the bank for fishing for cats/carp? Mostly fish the spillway and it's been dead this year.

3. I usually dont fish the spillway this time of the year. I banked fished last night with some friends we got 2 channels one was about 3lbs and the other was about 1lb cold front messed up the fishing i like to bank fish just south of the boat ramp there is a park there were you can take you vehicle down a hill and park next to the water. no bites there last night tho the fish came from the east ramp next to the docks you have to park youre vehicle at the top of the hill tho. i dont fish on the docks but around them near the rocks the channels were right up along the rocks last night

4. As I recall, there are two boat ramps? Which one has the park area? We're headed out now to try the spillway. Thanks for the PM.

5. I beleive that JBLSHADRAP is referring to the one off S.R. 207 by the Marina before you get to the turn off for the spillway. I used it this morning and saw 5 or 6 guys fishing the area, look like they were doing well on the gills and cats. Took my boat out for the first time this morning for just a few hours or so, still have a few kinks in the engine to work out but it sure seemed like a great day to be out on the water. I would have liked to have been able to stay out a bit longer but was great just to get out non the less.

Dan

6. Ah... the maiden voyage. Brother in law fishes Deer Creek with his boat. Went with him a couple times. He likes bass fishing. I'm lazy and like leaving it set in the water. As I recall we didn't catch anything the times I went with him. I was at the spillway yesterday and it was great. Weather and the fishing for a change.