close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Deer Creek?

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by twistertail, Oct 12, 2004.

1. Anyone been fishing the spillway for saugeye yet?

2. can't say that I have. I have been doing nothing but school and work since last time we went out. Today I get to Deer Hunt out to Carl's, hopefully I'll see something at least. This is the first time I been able to get "outdoors" in a long time

3. Pharley

Pharley Hook 'Em

I know at least around Delaware, with no rain, the water has been way down. The dam has not been open to throw water out of the resovoir very often the past month or two.
    At least the case in Delaware, I'm sure there are some eyes in the shallow water belwo the dam, but I have been told the saugeye actually swim up the river to feed when the water rushes through the dam.
    So the saugeye are probably downstrem from the dam, in some deeper holes. This may be a good area to target now.
    Rob

4. Dave other than a weekend at Lake Erie that sucked I have not been out since last time we went either.
    Pharley I have caught some nice ones above the lake but very few below the lake. I dont know why I know they have to be in the creek from the dam all the way to the Scioto River but I hardly ever catch them in the creek other than right at the spillway.