Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wondering if anyone fishes Deer Creek for saugeye. I've heard of people catching them above the res. but does anyone fish that creek anywhere else? Is there a good saugeye population? I will be banking or wading this year so any info will be much appreciated. :)

·
Mellons mentor
4,001 Posts
They are in the spillway, so seems they would have to be downsteam in the creek itself?

·
Registered
3,041 Posts
One of the best saugeye I caught was above the lake, almost to Mt Sterling. I catch several every year while crappie and white bass fishing above the lake. I have only caught a few below the lake and i have fished from the dam down to Williamsport. Your best bet to catch saugeye in the creek is to fish the deeper holes and just bounce a twistertail along the bottom. Like flathunter said they should be all through the creek below the dam but for some reason I cant find too many other than right at the spillway.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys I'll give it try Saturday. Hey twister, where would be a good place to pull off the side of the road and park above the lake? I know a little bit about the area but not alot. Any roads that you know of where I could pull off? I'll send a pm.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts