close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Deer Creek-the creek

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by Fishzilla, May 16, 2004.

1. Wondering if anyone fishes Deer Creek for saugeye. I've heard of people catching them above the res. but does anyone fish that creek anywhere else? Is there a good saugeye population? I will be banking or wading this year so any info will be much appreciated. :)

2. flathunter

flathunter Mellons mentor

They are in the spillway, so seems they would have to be downsteam in the creek itself?

3. One of the best saugeye I caught was above the lake, almost to Mt Sterling. I catch several every year while crappie and white bass fishing above the lake. I have only caught a few below the lake and i have fished from the dam down to Williamsport. Your best bet to catch saugeye in the creek is to fish the deeper holes and just bounce a twistertail along the bottom. Like flathunter said they should be all through the creek below the dam but for some reason I cant find too many other than right at the spillway.

4. Thanks guys I'll give it try Saturday. Hey twister, where would be a good place to pull off the side of the road and park above the lake? I know a little bit about the area but not alot. Any roads that you know of where I could pull off? I'll send a pm.