close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Deer Creek thanks

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by DaleM, Jun 25, 2005.

1. DaleM

DaleM Original OGF Staff Member

On behalf of the staff of OGF I want to thank everyone that braved the hot hot temps. to come to the event. WE had a good turnout for such a hot day. I would list all the members that attended but I'm sure I would forget some of you. We hope everyone had a good time and enjoyed themselves. I enjoyed seeing lots of people again and meeting some new ones as well.
    A special thanks to Worm Queen and her crew for being there this AM with the donuts and coffee. Roger, Big Daddy thanks for cooking in the heat everything was great. Hook&Book, the chicken wings were #1. As well thanks for getting them ready.
    Again to everyone that made the trip, THANK YOU !! your the reason we do these outings. Looking forward to the next event and seeing all of you again.

2. peon

peon account delete

thanks for having the outing!!! had a great time... met some new people. even planned a fishing trip!! :D and i also want to appologize to who ever's daughter that was... buckeye tom has to jump up and give me a red face everywhere we go... i also want to know how to make the stuff that had rice and sausage in it?? dont know what it was but... dang i could eat that all the time...

3. Fish4Fun

Fish4Fun Relaxing.

We had a great time as well and meet alot of people i hadn't had the chance to meet. If your talking about the red beans and rice peon. My wife made that and i will get you the recipe its easy to make.

4. peon

peon account delete

THERE IS A GOD!!!!! whats it called??? it was the schiznit!!!! lol :D :D

5. Fish4Fun

Fish4Fun Relaxing.

Its just called Red beans and rice.

Box of zatarains redbeans and rice
    smoked sausage
    follow the directions on the box
    wife said that is the quick and simple way to make it and is how she made it for the event. Other wise you have to soak beans and rice and all that crap.

6. I would like to thank Mary's Bait for giving me some info on where to fish from shore. I really had a good time meeting some new people and some others that I've met before.

ps...I really would like to thank Lundy for not banning me from the site.... :D

Darryl

7. Man, what a scorcher! And, what a party! Lots of GREAT food, GREAT people, and GREAT times. Thanks for braving the heat folks and making it a fun time. Hook-n-Book can really throw down on the grill, and those eggs were tasty! I had 6 of the habenero ones, 4 jalepenos, and washed them down with the jerk chicken wings. Almost making me hungry again just writing about it. Captroger fought the heat as well and cooked up burgers and dogs. Almost didn't need any charcoal to cook 'em! And to all who brought side dishes, thanks to you too. It rounded out one heck of a feed. Twistertail, thanks for the fishfry man. That is GREAT stuff.

It was nice to meet you Ellen(Mary's Bait) and thanks for the donations. That rod that Tee won in the raffle is a sweet one. Also, to everyone who donated, thank you. It is, after all, our member appreciation picnic and everyone got something, that's for sure.

I took a few pics, and they're coming up.

Thanks again everyone. You members make this place a special one, and we appreciate it a great deal.

[​IMG]

8. Nice Shimano rod Tee! Thanks Ellen for the donations!

[​IMG]

9. This is a CUSTOM MADE Team OGF hitch cover. Thanks Jerry!!!! Her smile says it all!!! Great job Cheyenne. Sorry if I mis-spelled your name ;)

[​IMG]

10. Stan (Pipeliner) wanted me in here too. I told him no, but he shot it anyway. Painfully obvious why I'm BEHIND the camera!

Great time everyone! I'm tired. Heat, long drive, a full belly, I'm ready for a cold shower and a good night's sleep!

[​IMG]

11. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon Hangin' With My Gnomies

Looks like everyone had a good time. What about the tourney results?

12. DaleM

DaleM Original OGF Staff Member

Didn't have a tournament this time. Too hot and not enough interest this year. We'll make a few changes and have a real tournament next year. Thanks for the pictures Carl I have some I'll post later as well. Right it's bed time!! Thanks again to everyone that made it.

13. mrfishohio

mrfishohio Recovering Fishaholic

Looks HOT !! Too bad I had to stay home in the A/C & run OGF ;)
    I'm going to make one of thse again someday, really. Last one I went to was at BPS last Feb. I've been to 3 and enjoyed them all.