close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Deer Creek Spillway

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by jason78, Jan 12, 2009.

1. jason78

jason78 luvtofish

WEnt down to deer creek spillway this morning about 10 to 12 people fishing and it was cold i caught a few dinks and then i caught a 19" 2.5lbs saugeye its about damn time

2. congrats on the eye, from what i hear the colder it gets the better that spillway bite gets. so this weekend should be a great bite with temps falling into the teens as the high!!!!!!!

3. fishingredhawk

fishingredhawk Ohio Hawg Hunter

Nice job! Sounds like you earned that one.

4. gobrowntruck21

gobrowntruck21 -Brady-

It's definitely been slow out there. I've only caught 1 dink over the last few days. It'd be nice to hook one like that. Sweetness. By the way, what's with all the shad washed up on the banks?

5. bgrapala

bgrapala Micropterus dolomieu

When the water gets really cold it stresses the shad out to the point the die and make their way to the banks. Really good cat bait though. That's what the big cats feed on in early march when the all sink to the bottom. Read on doctor's web site it talks about the annual shad kill. You'll more than likely see them just about everywhere you go.

6. Nice job on the eye. I have only caught a few dinks the winter but have not had much time to get over there. I'm hoping to start going at least once a week till the end of winter.

7. jason78

jason78 luvtofish

what is doctors web site?

8. I know the feeling! medium to dink eyes is all I've been catching, and not many!

9. bgrapala

bgrapala Micropterus dolomieu

Doctor's web site is www.hookedoncatfish.com. He's a member on here and an incredible fisherman. You should check it out.