Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Tackleboys
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Friends!

As part two to my Deer Creek video, I wanted to make one highlighting my method for cleaning/cooking Saugeye! Would love to hear your tips/recipes :)

**Please let me know if this is the incorrect forum, I am not intending to break any forum guidelines. Happy to move this post!**

·
Registered
9,605 Posts
Looked like you did a fine job filleting them.....
I like to keep the smaller saugeye/saugers because I think there convenient an don't need to do anything to the fillets. Just fillet rinse prepare. Or fillet rinse freeze.
I use a brine on turkeys an chickens to prevent things from drying out. Why do you brine the saugeye fillets? Added flavor? Take out flavor?
I usually don't eat fish because I don't like the taste of fish. By year it ocasionly for its health benefits. If it takes out the salty flavors that would be great.....
Thanks

·
Tackleboys
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looked like you did a fine job filleting them.....
I like to keep the smaller saugeye/saugers because I think there convenient an don't need to do anything to the fillets. Just fillet rinse prepare. Or fillet rinse freeze.
I use a brine on turkeys an chickens to prevent things from drying out. Why do you brine the saugeye fillets? Added flavor? Take out flavor?
I usually don't eat fish because I don't like the taste of fish. By year it ocasionly for its health benefits. If it takes out the salty flavors that would be great.....
Thanks
Thanks saugeye fisher! Honestly, I prefer to fillet and eat fresh meat (the same day). If I have to wait a day, in this case it was too late to cook it, then I'll soak it in salt water. It might be personal preference but I've noticed that it removes some of the fishy taste and adds flavor/moisture. I might be crazy, or it might be a placebo affect but it works for me!

·
Registered
9,605 Posts
Sounds good,I will try it. I usually freeze and gift my fillets. But ran out of freezer bags an have a few in the fridge I cut up this morning. I'll try it. Thanks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts