close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Deer Creek Res

Discussion in 'Northeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by jonk540, Nov 10, 2007.

1. jonk540

jonk540 jonk540

Anyone been out to Deer Creek by Alliance lately??
    I was wondering if the crappie are on yet.
    Might take the kid out there today.
    Thanks, Jon

2. Took my five-year old out there a couple of weeks ago hoping to get some crappies...didn't catch anything but did see a school or two working bait about 50 yards off the bank. We tried mini tubes and minnies under slip bobber rigs, but no success.

We fished the shoreline all around the park area...the fish and bait were flipping off the main lake point there...

Hope you get some...post how you did.

3. I trolled/jiged . that lake in oct from my boat . that lake has no structure to be found flat .like a plate . cought lot a crappie 4in long . NO EYES . Hmmmm? wal burn has eyes and that creek has eyes but found none in deer creek . me thinks there in there some where.

4. Plenty of structure in Deer Creek! A couple humps, submerged brush, tons of stumps and most of the main lake points all have something to offer.

Used to be some big 'eyes come out of there by guys crankn for bass.

5. jonk540

jonk540 jonk540

Thanks for all the posts. We didn't make it out there and we can't go today because of the ass-whooping the Steelers are going to give to someone.
    So, I guess we will try next weekend.
    Thanks again, Jon

6. crooked stripe

crooked stripe fishn and flyn

Can someone give me directions from Suffield? (224 and 43) I have heard of the lake and wanted to give it a try. I will be off work this week, what a better time. John

7. 224east ,to 225/224 intersection ,turn right , go across the bridge of berlin lake . first road on your right . go down that rd [I think its price st.] about two mile lakes on your left . nice park and fishing dock . great place for summer picnic . got ahead of myself 224/225 , theres a roller rink on the northeast corner .and the old dump on the on the south west corner . like you would be going to the town of alliance . p/s if you keep going west on price st you;ll come to wal burn res about five mlie past deer creek . deer crk is electric motor wal burn is ten hp. [ I think this correct ],any changes ? well I trid ,

8. crooked stripe

crooked stripe fishn and flyn

Thanks for the reply. I fly at the airport just to the left past the bridge at berlin.

9. thats the right road just go west ,couple miles.if you go towards alliance from the airport ,theres tall tales bait shop ..dave has that shop loaded to the brim with tackle , closed til march.