Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
bassing around
1,919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well its calling for thunder storms so i think i might goto deerkcreek have not been there in years so this is my questionytears ago there was a locked gate to the ramp is it still there and if so what time can i get in to put boat in i like to go early but dont want to sit for 2 hours waiting for ranger to open gats ,if thats how its set up thanks for the help markfish

·
Registered
4,152 Posts
they still have a gate, according to my latest regs- from stark parks it says 6am to 8pm mon thru thur and 6till 9 fri sat sun. walborn marinas phone # is 330-935- 0367 they can tell u for sure on the hrs i hope....

·
bassing around
1,919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks a bunch snag will be there me and my fishing buddy heidy my yellow lab shes my fish finder i think its going to be nice just to relax a bit on a lake were boats are not trying to run over ya for a change and its close,i know tour not aloud to run gas motors but ive been there before with the big motor trimed up and they never said nothing so i hopeing things there have not changed and will post later how the fishing was it hard to hold fish a take pics got a timer on camera just have to find it,thanks again snag,markfish

·
Registered
5,914 Posts
you,ll love this lake nice and friendly, might try up by the dam south west area, grew up fishing there ,big cats will strike lures , and I left a 19#muskie go free,oh about 50yrs ago. hope he grew up .

·
Registered
4,152 Posts
yeah that is a nice lake to fish ,no speedy boats buzzin you a nice place even on a weekend. the dnr stocked muskies many many yrs ago i read somewhere, last ice fishin i got a crappie that had a few nice teeth slices across is backside, so something with teeth is swimming around there. there are blue cats in there also,i got a nice one a few yrs back crappie fishin,and a dnr fish survey guy checked it out.. how,s the ramp these days? haven,t been up there yet this yr..

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
ramp looks good,lake isn't as low as the rest.Buddy of mine Chris went there last week,18 cats in two hours..........all under 12 inches LOL.

·
bassing around
1,919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
waited till 7am for gate man to get there started across the lake working to the north working trees and rocks with jig spinners and cranks but only got 3 fish warer pretty low and brown 83.3 temp went all the way to the back got to thin so headed south thenacross the lake to east shore nothing then the dane ares nothing and wen into so back bays lot of nice looking wood in there just dident put nothing togrther ramp is soso big lime stone half to hand load bass rig but it was not to bad out of there 12noon,

1 - 7 of 7 Posts