close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Deer Creek Lake today

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by brhine_99, Feb 26, 2005.

1. Went to Deer Creek today. Only stayed for a hour got mad and left. People on the wall were snagging saugeyes right and left. They were keeping little fingerlings it was sickening. I may have seen maybe 3 caught legal today. I belive something needs done. This is ridiculous. Oh by the way i did not get any hits. Please tell me what you guys think. :mad:

2. flathunter

flathunter Mellons mentor

I live in Chillicothe, and I stoped fishing at deercreek spillway just for that reason, I cant stand to see people keeping small fish!

3. dip

dip dip

i would as soon they snagged and bagged ALL the saugereyes! then maybe all the nuisance fishers would go away and i could net some shaddz outta spillwayz again. you DID axe for opinions! :D

4. Yeah cause them shad are good eatin. And you called jr an idiot

5. dip

dip dip

ya hurt me recorbreaker! :p

6. brhine 99, did you report the worthless basta*** to the odnr hotline? from what I understand they get the vast majority of their tips that way and respond quickly.

7. Fished there during the week. Another fisherman told me that 4 trucks from that state up north was there during the day. He told me that they were fishng the wall and that they had to bring in there tackle with hand trucks. I have been noticing a lot of people down there. I did manage to catch my first carp ever, but that was my only bite. I dont know if it is me or if it is the fishing pressure. I will be glad when I can put the boat out on Griggs. I feel that those people destroy the fishing for the rest of us ( snagers). I do carry the odnr number with me but I have not used it. ON a side note I have heard that some people have been robbed at night down there, have not been able to find out for sure, so just be careful.

8. Cell Phone + 1-800-poacher= Less Idiots

9. sadly this is true

10. I was back up to deer creek today. not as many people today. actually seen some actual catches. I also seen the ranger come in there twice patrolling in an hour and half period. maybe that will help on the snaggers. i caught one small saugeye on the wall and threw it back and i caught a 12 pound buffalo carp.