close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Deer Creek - Lake &/or Creek

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by Red The Fisherman, Jul 5, 2007.

1. Red The Fisherman

Red The Fisherman River Rambler

I'm from Cincinnati, and will be taking a trip to Deer Creek SP soon. Was wandering about the fishing. I will most likely be in a canoe or john boat and fishing alone for Bass and bringing kids ranging from 3-16 to fish for crappie maybe? Can I get a push in the right direction? Any info or suggestions would be great. I'd also really like to hit the stream if possible. Is it fishable? I will be staying at the campsite, so that is most likely my starting point.
    Thanks!

2. Yes, stream is fishable, not many fish in stream this time of year. Main lake is much better around dam area. Be carefull lake gets rough on week-ends. Also good is the spill way right below the dam no boat needed there.

3. Red The Fisherman

Thanks Slayer, This place must be really good or really bad. I got very little response.

4. fishingredhawk

fishingredhawk Ohio Hawg Hunter

The lake is a decent bass lake. Fish the brushy banks just north of the ramp towards the creek.

I have only fished the creek right at the spillway, and have caught saugeye and catfish.

5. This time of the year you can catch some crappie fishing the rocks around the dam and brushy shoreline.

6. Many years ago I camped at the state campground and there was a small pond there that surprisingly offered some fun crappie fishing. I don't know if it's still there, but if it is, it would be perfect to take the kids fishing.

7. If by stream you mean the one feeding the lake above the dam, well the water is so low right now you'd probably do better in the main lake, however I have always caught small ones in the stream low water or not...check the wood in the littlest current you can find.

8. I'm going to be there tomorrow and I will report afterwards.

9. Red The Fisherman

Thanks for all the tips. We'll see how it goes!

10. What do you know It's friday the 13th and I get skunked, should of seen that one coming. Got to do a little fishing before the storms roled in but I only had a few bites, oh well still had a good time. Good luck Red.