close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Deer Creek June 9th

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by Thommes, Jun 10, 2007.

1. Ok... we actually had some luck yesterday. After the season I've had so far... I figured I'd be helping Alex catch bluegills.

Got to the spillway about 3:00. Alex was the first to catch a fish as always.

(Pics are from phone camera... low quality)

[​IMG]

I had a nice something or other on the line around 5:00 that snapped the line. About an hour later I started getting tiny little pecks like small cats. One nice bite later...

[​IMG]

That's not me in the pic. A nice gentleman by the name of John Homes? Holmes? helped grab the fish out of the water since my regular fishing buddy wasn't with us.

[​IMG]

Weighed in at 10.5 lbs and 28 inches long. Caught on a doughball.
    Felt pretty happy with myself and the catch was the talk of the spillway unti an hour laterl.....

[​IMG]

Don't know actual weight or length as no one had anything that could measure this beast. I think the guy that caught the carp was using chicken liver (didn't speak english). It was over 36 inches and weighed at least three times my fish. He caught another one 4-5 pounds 30 minutes later.

Right around 8 we decided it was time to pack up when my wife landed a nice little carp.

[​IMG][​IMG]

Caught on doughball. 3lbs 21 inches. Made her happy.

Father in law didn't catch anything and went home grumpy. ;)

Had a great time, weather we perfect. Hope y'all got out yesterday.

2. Wow looks like you had a fun time. Those are some nice Carp, I'm sure they put up one heck of a fight.

3. I was down there a couple weeks ago and guys were pulling fish off those walkways up there like crazy, I was on the other side but they appeared to be carp or cats one.