Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heading up to Deer Creek in the morning looking to target some crappie. Mostly have just fished the Dam with minnows havent had a chance to get out on the lake. Any recommendation on where to go and what to use?

·
Registered
1,800 Posts
only thing I can tell you, its been over a week since I fished there and all the crappie I caught were 15'-20' deep. Caught quite a few but no size to them maybe a half dozen keepers. I don't keep them this time of year . Now when the gills spawn again I will have a cooler of ice and be ready for them, love those gills in peanut oil.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
only thing I can tell you, its been over a week since I fished there and all the crappie I caught were 15'-20' deep. Caught quite a few but no size to them maybe a half dozen keepers. I don't keep them this time of year . Now when the gills spawn again I will have a cooler of ice and be ready for them, love those gills in peanut oil.
Thanks. We will try fishing deep. We went up to Hoover a few weeks ago and caught around 90 crappie. They were mostly around brush. Didn't know if they were acting the same at deer creek

1 - 7 of 7 Posts