close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Deer Creek Cat and Crappie

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by Basskisser1, May 21, 2004.

1. Basskisser1

Basskisser1 And A Kiss For Good Luck!

I went to Deer Creek today without my husband.....I took a friend fishing, one who had never been fishing before. We had a hay day. Went through five dozen minnows. We caught at least fifteen catfish and about a dozen crappies. I caught a fifteen pound carp. It was a great day fishing. We caught everything at the marina. I think the catfish are moving in to spawn. A lot of people had catfish on their stringers. I'll be back tomorrow....this time I think I'll take my husband. :D

2. flathunter

flathunter Mellons mentor

wow, sounds like a great day

3. gonefishin'

gonefishin' Lifestyle Farmer

Sounds great Basskisser. Don't spoil hubby, or he'll want to go all the time!

4. Nice going, what size crappie were you getting?

5. Also, you just fish off the rocks along the marina?

6. Basskisser1

Hi guys......all the fish I catch at Deer Creek are from the rocks. And the crappies are all keepers.......ten to twelve inches long. Great eating. Go fish!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. are the ramps above the water yet. I was there sat and the lake was way up

thanks moose

8. Basskisser1

Not sure if the ramps are still under water. We are going there tonight to fish. We were there on Saturday evening and caught two crappie.

9. Even if the ramps are under water go forth. Some of the best bass fishing is usually during the flooded period. Went out last thursday the ramps were under water but the bass bite was on. I caught two over 4lbs and a bunch of 2lbs and dinks. Best day on the lake at deer creek in a couple years. It was a little diffucult launching by myself but well worth it. Try spinnerbaits way up in the shallw flooded brush.

Bryan :D