Deer Creek Bonanza!

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by Fish Slayer, Dec 28, 2007.

1. If you were there between 7:00am and 1:00pm let me know. Everyone around was catching at least five or six, and most were catching many more (including me)! The bite was on and it was fun. I took Fish Slims advice "slow,slow,slow". It works! The saugeyes wanted a jig today, and the color was White, Chartreuse, and motor oil with red flake in it. Deer Creek was giving up nice eyes today, no cigars. This is what we saugeye people live for! Now go get em!

2. Congrats glad to hear you got into them. Indian was dead dead about 25 there and not one saugeye was caught was shocked had shad all over. About time to hear deer creek lite up!!:)

3. ha LOL. there goes the neighborhood!

4. was that jig tipped with a crawler or a minnow.

5. Jonny walleye, Nobody I saw tipped their jig with anything. I never do because it's too cold, and it hasn't increased the bite enough to be worth it. Some times I do sort of a carolina rig with a minnow and hook on the bottom if it's a little warmer and the fish won't bite.

6. seethe303

seethe303 Senior Executive Member

were they of any size?

7. I went to Deer Creek New years day and saw guys snagging saugeye again. One claimed to have caught 25 and another guy next to him claimed he got 40. I actually watched these two snag fish right in front of me, and they were not catching them on a bite. I know Deer Creek turns on at times even recently, but these two had torn up twister tails with a huge hook and a stinger on ,as they snagged away! It ruins the good fishing for the rest of us. There was another guy watching and he saw the snag fest they were having. It looks real bad on the rest of us.

8. Im sure the Game Warden would be interested in hearing about whats going on down there.

9. SwollenGoat

SwollenGoat Scourge of Hoover

Sorry I don't know you, or know the exact circumstances.
    However rest assured I do know what I would have done.

1-800-POACHER

10. Quote:
    Originally Posted by Fish Slayer
    I went to Deer Creek New years day and saw guys snagging saugeye again. One claimed to have caught 25 and another guy next to him claimed he got 40. I actually watched these two snag fish right in front of me, and they were not catching them on a bite. I know Deer Creek turns on at times even recently, but these two had torn up twister tails with a huge hook and a stinger on ,as they snagged away! It ruins the good fishing for the rest of us. There was another guy watching and he saw the snag fest they were having. It looks real bad on the rest of us.

Sorry I don't know you, or know the exact circumstances.
    However rest assured I do know what I would have done.

1-800-POACHER

Everybody now a days carrys a cell phone with that there video camera mode on it. Try catchin um draggin um in tail first & puttin em in the bucket. Take it up to the Deer Creek Park headquarters (first turn off the main accsess to the Lodge) and see if any of the so called Game Protectors (formely Game Wardens) are interested..... DOUBT IT! I know we have all watched these guys in the past just isn't a whole lot we can do about it. Usually the same individuals day in and day out, I now go there and expect that I am going to see it. Usually have fun with um when my fishin buddy and I mimic them with that there fancy JERK JERK REEL method they got goin on.

Better yet go tell em ya seen whole car load of them illeagles with Franklin Co. tags with a seine net long enuff to reach from 1 bank to the other scoopin um up by the trunk load....MAYBE! that will get a rise out of them.

Get a few of us reporting what we see going on, then just maybe they will start watchin with the BIG EYE from the hill again.

11. Predator225

Predator225 Predator225

I also witnessed this crap going on last year, It took all the restraint I could muster to not go over to his bucket and kick the fish back into the creek. Not so sure I could show that restraint next time I see something like that.

12. crittergitter

crittergitter Multi Species Angler

Yeah great report man! I slayed em to! I had a ball. Oh and my camera broke somehow. Imagine that? Sure was fun bustin them big ole saueyes down at Deer Creek!

CG

13. Thanks to everyone with their ideas on snagging. I don't own a cell phone, but, that's a great idea.I didn't know there was a 1-800-poacher number. I took a camera and took a couple of nice pics, but can never get them to download properly on OGF, sorry for my lack of media ability. Someday I'll figure it out.

14. Juan More Fish

Juan More Fish AKA Dnavarroj

went to deer creek and got skunked. Last time i went caught 1.
    Nothing but cold weather. Almost causght a cold.:D
    Gonna hit oshan tonight.
    Wish me luck

15. FLT_TUBE_JNKY

FLT_TUBE_JNKY Uber Tuber

So I decided to enjoy my day off and went to deer creek. There were a few people there, I got skunked, but did see a couple taken. All in all it was nice to get out of the house.

16. I hope you strike Saugeye tonight at O'shay. I might hit Deer Creek in the morning. Maybe the weather change will help start the bite again!

17. Did you get to Deer Creek this morning Fish? I was thinking of hitting it this afternoon, hopeing the rain would help some.

Thanks

18. Bubba bass bigfoot

Bubba bass bigfoot Lucky Fisher, or skilled?

Might be up there Sunday, hope the warm weather starts the bite of any fish lol. What color jigs are you tossing, white, black, bright colors like orange pink. any help would be great thanks. might tip the jig with something or not, not sure.

19. Hey Guys, I made it out Saturday morning, but missed the bite. I got there right before sun up, and two guys beside me caught five or six while I struggled with my gear. They said "it was a small window, maybe two hours" . If my gear was ready I might have got in on that last hour and caught some. But it wasn't, and I didn't! I did well with white last week, but the guys beside me were using pink this week. I fished roughly three hours after sun up (or cloud up), and caught zero!

20. Pretty much a morning bite then? Well, looks like I'm going have to call in late to work Monday. Thanks Fish.