close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Deer Creek Bass

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by Fish Slayer, Sep 3, 2007.

1. I caught some Small Mouth, White Bass,and Rock Bass on September 9 2007! My bait of choice was live Minnow earlier in the day(4:00pm to 6:00pm) and later than that I turned to buzz baits and caught a little bigger smallies! The water has looked poor lately, but the bite has been great in the creek.

2. Was at Deer Creek today nothing in the boat until 9:30, but ended up with 8 largemouth's only 4 at 12inches nothing with any real weight. Wondering how far up the creek your fishing?

3. You have to wade to get to the spots I like. I pick spots where there is a rapid leading into a deep hole. I try to throw some sort of live bait under a bobber and let it float through the rapids into the hole where they ambush it! Some times I'll pick spots between two deep holes where the water is two or three feet deep and start working it with a small lure or buzz bait. Rapids on the edge of a hole seems to get me the best and most fish. Also overhanging trees or things in the water to throw around like boulders and logs really increases my good bites. Hope this helps! Sincerely