close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Deer Creek Bass Fishing

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by Crankbait, Sep 13, 2004.

1. Crankbait

Crankbait The Sasquatch Hunter

Reposted from Southwest Forum.
    I went to Deer Creek Lake for the first time on 9/11/04 and had a some success. I fished from 8:45 (the wife went went me) to about 1:00 and caught 3 keeper bass and 1 dink. The largest weighed 4 lb 13 oz :D according to my Rapala digital scale. I caught 2 of the keepers in the large cove on the north side of the lake on crankbaits in about 6 feet of water. I caught the 2 other fish near the dam in about 4 feet of water on a 4" worm. It was a blue bird day and they seemed to stop biting around 10:30 or 11. I also caught a couple of those toothy critters, one was about 14" and the other around 16". This was my first trip to Deer Creek seemed like a nice lake, not too much boat traffic is always a plus. Do they pull this lake down in the fall? If so, when? Anyone who might be willing to share a little info about general fall fish locations in Deer Creek, I would greatly appreciate it. I'm not looking for precise locations, just general fall locations. Do they head into the coves, stay out on the main lake points and drop offs, head up the creek?
    Thanks

2. They do pull the lake down....I dont know for sure the exact time they start but I would guess it should be within the next month or so.

3. CreekFloater

CreekFloater Have Water, Will Fish

Hey Crankbait: I was at Deercreek yesterday with a Bass group from Circleville. About nine boats fishing and only about a dozen fish weighed in. The largest was a 2.14 lb LM. I really think the draw down of this lake and the mud bottom hurts the potential of this to be a great bass lake. However, it is kind of nice to go over there in the winter and check out what the place looks like without water. If I have any luck at all, it is flippin plastics around the stumps up by the campground. Pretty shallow, but as the water cools, they seem to move in there.