close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Deer Creek 9/1

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by BassBlaster, Sep 2, 2007.

1. Went to Deer Creek at 1 am this morning. Wound up fishing in the lake rather than the creek. Fished in a cove and caught one small channel. Bite was pretty aggressive and was pretty steady till about 3:30 then stopped. We moved out to the mouth of the cove to fish a little deeper water and nailed two more channels immediately. Bite was still pretty aggressive and steady. We was using shrimp tight lined on the bottom in what we were guessing was 3 to 5 fow.

What type of set up do you catfishin guys typically use? We were using some big heavy catfish rods with some 2/0 catfish hooks and we were having the hardest time hooking up. With the bite being like it was, I believe we should have caught a ton of fish. These fish were nailing it so hard they dang near drug these big rods in more than a few times, then you go to set the hook and there would be nothing there. I was thinking that the rods were so heavy by the time we realized we were getting a bite we were setting the hook at the end of the strike and just missing. I think next time I'll just use the same rods that I bass fish with.

2. StuckAtHome

StuckAtHome Mad SOT YAKER!

I'm no catfishing expert, by we did the same thing you did and never hardly got hookups. Then we tried egg slip sinkers with the bails open and watched the line, or leave bail closed and give a few feet of slack then we caught fish, just my .02 cents.