close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Deer Creek 8-16

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by PoleSnatcher, Aug 16, 2004.

1. Me and TwisterTail hit Deer Creek this evening and did pretty well. Managed around a dozen or so Smallies, about a dozen sunfish and best of all a crappie that was every bit of atleast ATLEAST 14". Biggest one I ever seen, let alone caught. Will have a picture someitme in the next year when the film gets developed, lol(If Shane's anything like me that how long it will be)

All in all a pretty decent evening on the creek

2. flathunter

flathunter Mellons mentor

Sounds good, I work in MTSterling, was you above or below the lake?

3. Congrats on getting into some smallmouth. Sounds like you had fun.

4. We had a good mixed bag, got one sucker and a few rockbass also. Had pretty good action the whole time. We were in the creek off 207 north of Yankeetown. Didnt get any big smallies but one of the crappie that Dave got was HUGE! Hey flat if you want to meet up sometime let me know.

5. I think I may try back over there tonight, if anyone wants to meet up let me know

Did you see that Big buck behind the shooting range by the tree line when we was leaving last night? Seen him and a smaller one then a pretty big doe up around the front of the lake

6. Didnt see the deer, it took me about 5 minutes to find my keys:rolleyes:
    I would go again but dont think I can get 2 hall passes in a row from the wife, should be able to go again next week. If you want to try another spot go past that gravel rd and there is another rd about a mile or 2 up. It starts out as a blacktop rd but turns to gravel and there is a small sign that says wildlife area, take that all the way back to the creek and there are a few god spots back there. Good luck and let me know how you do.

7. Just talk her into a second hall pass, lol

I may try not 100% sure on whats going on yet

8. You know what days you have off next week yet? We could try to hit Deer Creek again since it seems to be much better than Darby is right now.

9. usually mondays and tuesdays

don't think I'll be fishing tongiht, got a little side job

10. Phil Carver

Phil Carver Team Bass Xtreme

Side job ? That 12 pack is what you call work ! :D

11. No 12 pack tonight, only a few

I ran some stuff from lancaster to columbus to athens