close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Deer Cams 35mm vs Digital

Discussion in 'Bucks and Does' started by H2O Mellon, Jul 31, 2005.

1. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon Hangin' With My Gnomies

Okay guys, as most of you know when my site: www.Hockingcountywhitetails.com was up w/ all of our pics, they were 95% from our numerous Stealth Cams we've had over the last few years. I think we were up to over 10 of them. This year I broke down & traded a handgun for a digital & my bro in law bought one of the $100 dig cams from Wildlife (Stealth Cam makes them).

Pic Quality: The digital cam I have is a Bushneel VGA cam, it runs about $200. It only has .3 meg alloated to the picture. Unless you go above 1 Meg, (which also usually means $) I'd say stick w/ the 35 mm cams. Below are a couple examples

DIGITAL[​IMG]

Stealth Cam 35mm
    [​IMG]

Buckshot 35mm
    [​IMG]

Number of Pics.... WOW , what a freakin difference. Last week (the 1st week I had the dig out) I ended up getting 250+ pics. Now w/ the Sleath Cam in the same location for the previous 2 weeks I had 14 pictures. So that tells me what I've been saying for the last several years, the cheaper cams are a great way to scout, but unlike what they are claimed to do, they do not pick up deer/urkey/coons, etc.... every time there is one around. The Dig Cams kicks butt in the category.

Easy of using: No brainer here: Dig Cam win in a landslide. Pop a SD card in, Pop a SD card out. No waiting for the fild to be developed, onlyu to be disappointed due to a printing error or a flim error.

Hopefully that will help some of you on the fence deciding on wheter to go digital or 35 mm. I'd recomend in going digital w/ a 1.1 meg camera. Someone from Moultrie told me they will be introducing a 1.1 meg digital for $100 by the fall.-So Keep Your Eyes Open!!!

2. I just bought a moultrie digital camera from bass pro shops. They had it on sale for $130 (plus battery and charger), compared to cabelas $180. It's a 1.3 megapixel, and although no deer yet, it has taken some pretty nice pics of myself. I set it out yesterday, and I can't wait to go check on it. I really like the 10 second video option. You can plug into the tv and watch it like a movie, very nice.

3. Got my first set of pics back from the cam. They look great, even for being set on the lower quality level. Im glad i got the digital version because i had a lot of wasted pictures, coons, rats, and some of what appeared to be nothing.