close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

deep water bass

Discussion in 'Tackle Talk' started by chopper, Jun 25, 2004.

1. I fish Piedmont alot. It has been a good year until now. The lake has been up and down so much that the shallow bite is tough. I really need to fish deeper water, I think . I have tried carolina rigs but can't stay with them. If I don't have the confidence in a bait and I don't get results, I can't stay with it. I had the same problem with tubes until I started doing good with them. Now I love tubes. Everyone at Piedmont says that this time of year, if you can't find them shallow, carolina rig the main lake points. Can anyone help me with some ideas? I really want to learn this. what else should I know? Thanks for your help.

2. Corey

Corey OGF Team-Charter Member

Hey Chopper! 'Sup? We catch some great Smallies at Piedmont in the deeper water using jigging spoons.

3. Procraftboats21

Procraftboats21 Original OGF Member

what about a medium or a deep diving crank? I know its a great bait at berlin when the fish are on the main lake points.

4. I second Procraftboats' suggestion of a medium or deep diving crank. I'm not a very good soft-plastics fisherman so I've had to find other ways to hook deep bass. Cranks and slow-rolled spinner baits have worked best for me.

Steve

5. You don't have to use a Carolina rig for deep bass. Just use your texas rigged tube at piedmont in deep water. I've been catching a good number of bass out there lately. Good luck on your next trip!!!!

6. Flipp

Flipp Bass Chaser

Heys guys I agree with procraft I have caught many fish on both lakes on cranks but i also throw a tube on a ball head jig. Usually I am in the shallows but 45% of the time in the summer I will be out banging on the points and the rocks piles. How about a drop shot down I have caught a few a clendening on it in the summer.

Good Luck

7. I am going to try some of these ideas. Hey, Bassmastr and Flipp. Would you share some of the points that you like at Piedmont. I know the lake pretty good. Thanks.

8. Flipp

Flipp Bass Chaser

I have only been on that a hand full of times but I plan on going down in a couple weeks I will let you know how I did.