Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

· Registered
4,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The other day having a random conversation with my 11 year old son. You all know how random those often go. We got on the subject of deaf and or blind folks.

When someone that has been deaf since birth they would theoretically know no language other than sign. When they dream, do they hear some kind of language or is it silent.

Same for blind. Do they see in dreams?

Obviously neither of us could answer these questions.

· Registered
2,631 Posts
He has started learning about hellen Keller which is likely where some of this came from. I guess even though they may be able to read a specific language would they be able to hear it in a dream though
I can only assume that if you spoke in Spanish you dream in Spanish same for English it's what you know so I would guess if you sign your dream would be in sign language and if it is written down they would be able to read it IMO

· Super Moderator
457 Posts
I can only assume that if you spoke in Spanish you dream in Spanish same for English it's what you know so I would guess if you sign your dream would be in sign language and if it is written down they would be able to read it IMO
Any Spanish folks that also talk in English wish to weigh in?

· Registered
1,996 Posts
Any Spanish folks that also talk in English wish to weigh in?
My father would both speak and dream in English and Italian.
Keep in mind, that we all THINK in a language.....which is probably what we dream in.
And yes....he "thought" in both.
He also swore in both languages. At the same time, Intermingling all the fun words. :)

· Registered
2,631 Posts
My father would both speak and dream in English and Italian.
Keep in mind, that we all THINK in a language.....which is probably what we dream in.
And yes....he "thought" in both.
He also swore in both languages. At the same time, Intermingling all the fun words. :)
sounds like my grandpa

1 - 20 of 24 Posts