Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We're looking to go deep sea fishing on a headboat this summer. Does anyone have any suggestions? We're thinking about going down to the Carolinas, but it really doesn't matter as long as it's within a 12 hour drive or so. I've looked some information up online, but no one has written back yet. I don't really know anything about this type of fishing, such as what baits to use, best times to catch fish, etc. Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Joel,

I have done 3 and 4 day live aboard trips with this outfit in FLA and Mass. They are a reliable outfit. If you decide to do a Cod trip, start working out now. You will be fishing in deep (200' - 300') water using heavy
(16 oz.) jigs.

http://www.yankeecapts.com/

Wes

·
Registered
262 Posts
Do you mean a headboat($40 a person) or a private charter($1000+)? I've gone on the cheap headboats before on the Outer Banks and in Maryland. They're fun, but they don't last very long and they pack A LOT of people on them. They do supply all tackle and bait, though as well as somewhere to keep your catch and cheap cleaning at the marinas.
Good Luck!
LaDo

·
Registered
110 Posts
Went on a headboat trip out of a port north of Myrtle Beach last year, we had a great time catching Mutton Snapper and various bottom fish in 70-80 feet of water. We even witness a sailfish chasing flying fish on the surface. The guides are very helpful and you're almost garunteed a nice stringer of fish. BTW this was in August

1 - 4 of 4 Posts