close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Deep Sea Headboat

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by archman, May 15, 2004.

1. We're looking to go deep sea fishing on a headboat this summer. Does anyone have any suggestions? We're thinking about going down to the Carolinas, but it really doesn't matter as long as it's within a 12 hour drive or so. I've looked some information up online, but no one has written back yet. I don't really know anything about this type of fishing, such as what baits to use, best times to catch fish, etc. Thanks for the help.

2. Joel,

I have done 3 and 4 day live aboard trips with this outfit in FLA and Mass. They are a reliable outfit. If you decide to do a Cod trip, start working out now. You will be fishing in deep (200' - 300') water using heavy
    (16 oz.) jigs.

http://www.yankeecapts.com/

Wes

3. Do you mean a headboat($40 a person) or a private charter($1000+)? I've gone on the cheap headboats before on the Outer Banks and in Maryland. They're fun, but they don't last very long and they pack A LOT of people on them. They do supply all tackle and bait, though as well as somewhere to keep your catch and cheap cleaning at the marinas.
    Good Luck!
    LaDo

4. JohnBoat

JohnBoat OU Bassmaster

Went on a headboat trip out of a port north of Myrtle Beach last year, we had a great time catching Mutton Snapper and various bottom fish in 70-80 feet of water. We even witness a sailfish chasing flying fish on the surface. The guides are very helpful and you're almost garunteed a nice stringer of fish. BTW this was in August