close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

deep fryers??

Discussion in 'OGF Kitchen' started by freyedknot, Sep 12, 2007.

1. freyedknot

freyedknot useless poster

what is a good deep fryer and why,for cooking fish and wings?

2. I am still useing the old fry daddy deep fryer this thing has got to be 15 years old and still going strong all I can say is that it works for me and is dependable.

3. I'll second that one, mines about that old too. Plug it in & fry away. Holds perfect temperature batch after batch.

4. Hook N Book

Hook N Book The Original Hot Rod Staff Member

I'll agree the Fry Daddy's are worth there weight and do an excellent job of deep frying.

I have been using a Bass Pro stainless steel turkey/fish fryer. Works great but more for large batches of fish/chicken since you have to deal with the propane tank and all.

For medium size batches, I just pull out a 4 quart stainless steel sauce pan and go at it...! Works great. ;)

5. freyedknot

freyedknot useless poster

thanx ,i seen the fry daddy's for $20.00 at wally's .just wanted to know if they were any good.

6. FK,
    I have a Euro Pro I bought at Sears. It is the rectangular stainless steel one with the heating element in the oil. There are other makers as well. Here is why I recommend these. I fry fish, wings, & other things. I had 2 deep fryers with "enclosed" heating elements, & it seemed to take a long time to fry anything (when fish, wings, etc float, they're done). When my gills floated, they would be a very light color & chicken wings took too long. In researching for a new one & reading reviews, I learned that, even though the "enclosed element" fryers were set at 375 degrees, the maximum output was about 325. I got this one & 375 IS 375. My wings & fish are now done MUCH faster, they have a nice golden color, & are much crisper with far less oil absorption. Cleanup is easy too as it all comes apart. I will never have any other type fryer. BTW, I have the large one..5 liter capacity, although it uses very little oil. Check them out here... www.euro-pro.com
    Mike

7. I have the rectangular stainless steel one also. Love it for all the reasons Ohiotubers stated. Clean up is the best.

8. Another vote for the rectangular stainless steel with the element right in the oil. Far superior to others and as metioned clean up is a breeze. It's components are very easy to take apart and frys great! I will never go back.