Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
362 Posts
why are some of the fish blue and some are orange?
Hmm the fisher higher up are orange and the ones lower down are blue, I'm thinking since the water is cooler on near the bottom, that results in the sonar recording lower temperature readings on the fish. For fish that deep, I would try these lures in the following order: a 4" flutter spoon, a carolina rig, a jig, then finally a drop-shot rig. A lot of times bass schooled up like that are inactive, but once you get one to bite, the whole school will get fired up and you can see them all come up following their buddy with a hook in its mouth lol.

·
looking for the big one
111 Posts
Hmm the fisher higher up are orange and the ones lower down are blue, I'm thinking since the water is cooler on near the bottom, that results in the sonar recording lower temperature readings on the fish. For fish that deep, I would try these lures in the following order: a 4" flutter spoon, a carolina rig, a jig, then finally a drop-shot rig. A lot of times bass schooled up like that are inactive, but once you get one to bite, the whole school will get fired up and you can see them all come up following their buddy with a hook in its mouth lol.
okay so you don't know how to read a graph . the brighter colors are fish that are more in the cone ,the blue ones are half in the cone .
and bringing a bass up from that deep you would most likely kill it unless you know how to burp them .or send them back down on a rope.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Haha yeah I was just guessing in the dark, I don't own a boat or a graph. What you said makes much more sense. I did know that catching bass that deep would cause their swim bladders to over-inflate, possibly causing death unless they were fizzed like you described. Another idea just popped in my mind, if you played the bass slowly through the depths, would their swim bladder still over inflate?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.