close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Deep cycle battery ?

Discussion in 'Boats and Motors' started by BigDaddy300, Nov 19, 2004.

1. BigDaddy300

BigDaddy300 multi species angler

Need to start replacing my deep cycle batteries. Was wondering if anyone has some suggestions on a really reliable and long lasting brand? Fish some electric only lakes, like LaDue, and also use them often at other places. Any and all input would help. Thanks a bunch.

2. You know of course it is how much do you want to spend for one. And also the bigger amps you go, the more muscles you need to put it in the boat.

3. DaleM

DaleM Original OGF Staff Member

Sams club sells great trolling (deep cycle) batterys. Cheapest price I found. Also they have a 2- year replacement, no questions ask. I believe Wal-mart also carries the same thing. I've had mine for over two years and never had a problem after an 8 hour tournament.

4. Marshall

Marshall Catch Photo And Release

FYI, I have had bad luck with interstate batteries and will never buy one again. I have been through 2 of their biggest deep cycle batterys in the last two years. The first one they said still shows it holds a charge but it wont even run my depth finder they would not part with it and it was a year and two months old. I was stupid and bought another thinking i just got a bad one and 6 months later i was running out of juice in about 4 hours of just normal use. Took it back and tried to get my money back but they made me take a new one. I wonder how long this one will last. I have always charged them up after each use, checked the water level. My next battery will be one like dale mentioned from sams or walmart. I have heard nothing but good from them.

5. Big Daddy - I have religiously used 31 series batts from NewCastle. You can get em in the y-town area or make the drive to PA. I would go about every three years and buy 7 or 8 "blems" from the factory for $50 each. I still have four of the last ones I purchased three years ago. They get MUCH use and have held up very well.

I know several guys from the ladue series have went to glass mats or orbitals. They are proving themselves well. I put the optima blue top 31's in my big boat last year and very impressed with them overall - very quick recharge time too and provide full power from start of the day to end despite discharge. I most likely will replace little boat batts with these for 05' - pricey- but life span makes it worth it, esp for electric only waters where they are totally discharged regularly.

Good luck- Nip
    www.dobass.com

6. rockbass

rockbass Banned

I bought one of the Everstart ones from Walmart. They seemed to be priced ok and I have not heard anything bad about them.

7. ShakeDown

ShakeDown OGF Staff Staff Member Admin

Everstarts ROCK. I've got 3 in my rig, and never had any issues. That MAXX series is hardcore, and won't kill your wallet.

8. tpet96

tpet96 Banned

Anyone know anything of the Bass Pro Shops® XPS™ Deep Marine Batteries? More specifically......the XPSA31DT
    850 CCA

9. tpet96

tpet96 Banned

Talked to my buddy today on the everstarts. He runs a 12' jonboat.....with electric only. He can troll all day and never run the juice completely out. Always has power to get back to the ramp. His old MinnKota batteries wouldn't pull that weight.

I just bought a 14' jon. I think I'm going to go this route as well......possibly 2 :)

10. Turbo From New Castle Is My Number 1! I Wore My Mincota Out Before The Batt. Did. You Can Get Them In North Lima At Cal-ohio.
    You Cant Beat One Of Those Big Dogs! ;)