Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
THINKING OF GOING TO DCL IN LATE SEPT. WOULD LIKE TO KNOW IF THAT IS A GOOD TIME TO GO. ALSO WHAT IS BITING THAT TIME OF THE YEAR

THANKS IN ADVANCE

·
Registered
5,914 Posts
been there one time just a great lake ,biggest gills I,ve ever seen shell crackers I think there called, bear walking the camp was a change , late june about ten years back. oh only time I,ve ever seen a pontoon boat on plane .

·
Registered
586 Posts
Might be able to get some walleyes on jigging spoons over the deep points and bridge piers. Good sized pan fish available about any time. Launch fee is kinda pricey if you ask me.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Use to fish a lot in 2000’s and used to be real good for walleye perch and big gills. Also a lot of pickerel that hit about anything. Best bets for walleye and perch from the state park launch to the dam. Above the bridge that late in the season is better for bass bluegill and pickerel as shallower so more weeds.
It got crazy development from DC people. And started going downhill since then with boat traffic and dumb decisions. Even in the 2000’s the boat traffic was so bad after mid June till Labor Day we stopped fishing during daytime.
They actually petitioned the army Corp to reduce water outflow about 5-10 years ago cause the water was getting too low and it looked bad to have brown dirt showing. Never passed but they have done weed control which hurt fishing

·
Registered
131 Posts
We fish south of the state boat ramp try to fish the humps in deep water the big bluegills and walleye will be there .you can also catch perch on the deep side of the weeds Some of the perch were over 12in We used shiners and nightcrawlers

·
Registered
890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
WE FISH THERE IN THE SPRING BUT NOT THIS YEAR BECAUSE WAS CLOSED FOR REC. FISHING IN MAY SO WANT TO TRY IN LATE SEPT THANKS FOR INFO GUYS

·
Registered
123 Posts
Was just there Saturday. Slow bite but end if September will be good fishing. Fish off main lake points in 25 to 30 ft with a jig and crawler. Also can be good for trolling lead core between the Glendale bridge and turkey nect point with big cranks and really fast. 3.0 mph is usually best.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts