close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Deep Creek Lake, MD

Discussion in 'Fishing Reports - Out of State' started by SummersOff, Jul 24, 2007.

1. I'm heading to Deep Creek MD this weekend, was wondering if anyone knows how the fishing is/has been. This is not "supposed" to be a fishing trip, however the rods are coming with. We'll see how the wife reacts to this. This is our first trip and I would love to catch anything that swims. Any advice would be appreciated for this time of year....Oh yeah....I have a sick obsession with pike and have yet to catch a chain pickerel which are supposedly abundant in the lake.

2. Gobi Muncher

Gobi Muncher mmmm.....tasty!

A little late for ya, but talked to my buddy last night. They caught 2 perch and 2 bass. It was more of a family vac. than fishing. I think he told me there were about 40 people there!!! Anyway, all they had was the pontoon and it was being used more for entertainment than fishing. Hope to take him back this fall in the bass boat and give it a go.

3. Sorry i didnt see this sooner. Best time to go there is in the spring, and fall. We go everyyr around the first week of June. Ave at least 30/50 bass a day.2 yrs ago my son and I caught 100 bass a day mostly smallies (about 98 % )