close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Deep Creek Lake, MD

Discussion in 'Fishing Reports - Out of State' started by Gobi Muncher, Jul 17, 2007.

1. Gobi Muncher

Gobi Muncher mmmm.....tasty!

I have a friend going there with his family next week and just asking to see if anyone has ever been there. Researched the "net" a little and seems to be a nice place to go. I guess it is less than 300 mi. from home so depending on how he does thought about trying it someday.

2. Perch walleye pike smallies,,,neslted in a resort community,,,d c also provides for some good ice fishing. I think it Bills or Bobs who has a website and guides on the lake,,,but Id just start from scratch
    It is really deep!! no poop WISP ski resort is right beside it so it can get crowded!

3. We went there a few years ago. The lake is deep. I trolled perch colored crankbaits along the weed lines and caught LM, SM, pike and monster sized perch. Take some time off and go up in the mountains. They also have some great trout fishing in the streams in the mountains.

4. triton175

triton175 STX 206 Viper

We were there 8 or 10 years ago. Caught a lot of LM bass and a few pike on large minnows fished around the docks. Nothing huge, but it was a fairly steady catch.
    Brian

5. I was there just last week.... Fishing was tough.... to many ski boats and jet skiis... I did catch a few smallies.... Chain pickerel...... Got my biggest largemouth right off the dock.... casted out as far as I could with a rebel pop-r.( black and silver) It went almost 3 lbs... All the smallies came on the pop-r as well... Beautiful lake.... real clear.. Something I noticed.... There were NO fish breaking the water early in the morning or evening... I would definitely go back.... Ummm..... Had a little problem getting up the hills with my Explorer ( v-6 ) tho.....LOL That boat was heavier then I thought....

Good luck
    GarryS

6. It was 4 hr. drive from Reynoldsburg.... Not a bad drive at all.

7. Gobi Muncher

Gobi Muncher mmmm.....tasty!

Thanks for all the replies. I may have to hit it this winter (ice fishing) as all my upcoming vacation is tagged for St. Clair. Sounds like maybe early spring or late fall would be a good time also since Garry encountered a lot of recreational traffic. Also sounds like about the same trip time wise to St. Clair. Also would like to try Chetaqua (sp?) sometime, but all the out of state permits would beging to add up. Time for a side job!!!!

8. chaunc

chaunc Staff Member

Garry, i hear that the bluegills in that lake average close to a pound. Did you notice any mounts in the baitshops to prove this myth?:D I'd like to try for some gills that size.

9. Sorry I didn't notice any..... My son did see one big one while we were out.... I wish I could of stayed another week.... Just being a new lake to me... It took me awhile to put something together that would work there... Not used to that clear of water.... Its really a nice lake.... Going to plan on going back maybe next year...

Hey Gobi.... Let us know how your friend is doing there.... Looks like the weather has changed alot since I was there.... Water temp was around 74....