Declaration of Independence

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by triton175, Feb 3, 2008.

1. triton175

triton175 STX 206 Viper

About a half hour before the Superbowl kickoff Fox did a re-enactment/reading of the Declaration of Independence. It was read, sentence by sentence, by current and former NFL players and coaches. Also some service members were shown and some FDNY.
    They did a fantastic job, it brought tears to my eyes as I was overwhelmed with gratitude to the people who gave me the opportunity to live in this great country of ours.
    Thanks to Fox for using this very expensive air time to salute our country, and , as always, God bless the United States of America.

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mv6mfSVlcqc"]YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.[/nomedia]

Brian

2. The reading was the only part that i liked this year the commercials werent that good and i missed the half time show.

3. fisherman5567

fisherman5567 Fishin Everyday

I thought that was great. I bet there are a lot of people who have never even heard it.

4. That was a class act and well produced.
    With all the countries around the world viewing the game, I wonder how far spread that segment was aired ?

GR

5. ress

ress

If you want to get VERY moved and all jittery, go to D.C. and see the real thing. I saw it last summer. WOW

6. Whaler

Whaler Whaler

It was great that they did that. I always thought the declaration of independence was a divorce decree ! LOL