Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Ohio State Alumni 05'
1,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok here's the deal....5 farm ponds full of bucketmouths, some crappie, and gills...bank fishing....or rowing around on piedmont saturday for cats/eyes? I just can't decide...

·
Ohio State Alumni 05'
1,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
All right..........I was going with whatever the first post was to this...farm ponds it is! I will be taking my camera in the case of a hog eating up my bait...Gonna try my samples of gulp vs alabama lakes...see who wins! If you're going to be around in S.E. Ohio anytime lemmie know...hasn't been a day when I haven't caught a fish there...

·
Ohio State Alumni 05'
1,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Don't know who will all read this, but the bassers definately helped out my situation as I landed well over 20 bass this weekend in some farm ponds and only lost 3 total....0 due to jumping...I've developed the rod tip in the water realing this way and that like a mad man technique and it worked out well....big fish was about 16 1/2"...had to downsize bigtime as I was using a black/metallic blue speckled white tube...1 1/2 inches on a 1/16 jig...fish were hitting very very light...light action rod with either 6 or 8 lb test and still could barely feel it....Thanks all and to Mr.Postman(catking) you picked the right place!!!

·
Original OGF Staff member and owner
13,356 Posts
Way to go Cheeze. Sounds like you had a blast! Where you headin' next :D

·
Ohio State Alumni 05'
1,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well.....I'm back to Columbus for the weekend, so wherever...most likely Alum or Griggs....what are the water temps on Griggs like? I might have to go carpin/cattin...I also owe LuckyBass a day of bait/gas because I had family obligations last time...who knows!?!?!? Next time I head to the farm ponds I'll get the camera so you guys can see em!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts