close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Decision Time

Discussion in 'Hard Water Discussions' started by steelmagoo, Feb 17, 2005.

1. steelmagoo

steelmagoo Enjigneer

I need to make a quick decision on where to go this weekend. Presque Isle for panfish/perch or Lake Simcoe for perch/whitefish/lake trout. I swore off PA this year on priciple because of the fee hike but Simcoe is going to cost at least a couple hundred for the shanty, license, and lodging. Has anyone been to Simcoe, especially lately? Is it worth it? I know Presque is great, but I already have bunches of gills and crappie in the freezer.

2. DaleM

DaleM Original OGF Staff Member

Steel, there will be a big group fron here at Presque this entire weekend from Friday until Sunday. If you get there I'm sure you'll see several of us with our OGF hats on. Radio channel will be 6

3. krustydawg

krustydawg KrustyDawg

steelmagoo,
    Check this website out for up to date details on the bite at Simcoe www.icecabins.com A buddy of mine went to Simcoe 2 weeks ago and pulled limits of perch in the two days he was there (50 per day), average size was in the 9-10 inch range. As for the whitefish and trout I don't have an answer. Check out www.iceshanty.com under the Ontario forum, I saw some updates on there for whitefish and trout. Hope this helps.

Krustydawg

4. steelmagoo

steelmagoo Enjigneer

Thanks guys. I'm sure Simcoe would be a blast, but I'll probably see yuns at Presque. Need to check with my brother because I'm making him drive. That's what he gets for lurking instead of registering.

5. I'll give you an intervention, Leaving tonight about 8 for the Shack-a-too and hitting Presq in the morning for some jumbo perch and then pymy at dusk and night for some crappie. Your brother was able to get his B@&&# back and he is driving over tonight. Get ready for some great fishing. :eek:

6. steelmagoo

steelmagoo Enjigneer

That you, Greens? Shack-a-too? That place got heat and indoor plumbing? Brotherman somehow got a weekend pass, that'll blow his priveleges for the next 6 months.

7. At least 6 months. We got it all at the shack. All you need is a sleeping bag. Greg is worried that you may move in once you see it.
    See you tonight.