Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished the river north of Dublin yesterday afternoon for about an hour and a half.

1 20" Channel Cat
1 16" Smallie
Half a dozen rock bass

All on a spinner, all fish released. No hits on surface popper or rapala minnow.
Water is SUPER low. Find deep cool water, you've found the fish.

·
Bassin' Buckeye
806 Posts
Were you fishing from a kayak, wading, or shore fishing?

I just went river wading for the first time a few weeks back and it was an absolute blast. I will be moving back up to campus in a couple months and will be looking for some great places to either shore fish a river, or possibly wade. Wading would preferrably be less than knee deep if possible.

·
Registered
4,423 Posts
Fished the river north of Dublin yesterday afternoon for about an hour and a half.

1 20" Channel Cat
1 16" Smallie
Half a dozen rock bass

All on a spinner, all fish released. No hits on surface popper or rapala minnow.
Water is SUPER low. Find deep cool water, you've found the fish.
I agree I think finding the deeper pools is the key here with the water low, Congratulations on your fish.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Were you fishing from a kayak, wading, or shore fishing?

I just went river wading for the first time a few weeks back and it was an absolute blast. I will be moving back up to campus in a couple months and will be looking for some great places to either shore fish a river, or possibly wade. Wading would preferrably be less than knee deep if possible.

I was wading. Let me know when you get back.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts