Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I decided to give it a try in the rain about 3 this am and the fishing was a little slower than I expected but overall I would say it was worth it. I caught this 18" 2.71 lb in a foot of water about 2' off the bank on a senko.

Attachments

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
There were quite a few vicious topwater hits right around me and in front of me so I tried a plastic jerkbait and a big joshy swimbait but no luck with those even tho I usually do well with them when they are active like that. The only other hit I had was on a senko but it just tail grabbed it... broke it in half and almost totally ripped it off my hook. I may take out a different arsenal of topwaters tonight. Freshwater newb, I'm fishing with my friend who is new to fishing tonight and my wife tomorrow night but I've been wondering when we might get together again... I would love to be fishing with you when you get your first 18-19"+ lmb! Most of these nights the fishing has been good enough I barely cover more than a 30-40 yard area... it's been fun tho this is the first over 16-17" for a while.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.