close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

December 26th, 27th, 28th report

Discussion in 'Steelhead Talk' started by Mepps3, Jan 1, 2008.

1. First off, I had some vacation to use before the end of the year and spent it fishing a stocked westside river for 3 days straight. I used the center pin and eggs sacks all 3 days. Fishing was the best Wednesday and Thursday which had an all day bite. A huge push/run of Manistee steel came in on Wednesday. I fished with my wife's nephew on Wednesday. He never caught a steelhead before and I was able to get him to catch some fish with his 6' bass rod.

Some of the bigger fish on Wednesday:
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thursday I bumped into a friend George from another site. I fished with him for an hour and he liked how the center pin was catching fish. While we were talking I hooked a steelhead and handed him the pin and let him fight and land a nice 30" fish. The next day George went and bought a pin.

Here is the 30" George landed for me (hey I set the hook so its my fish):
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Some of the bigger fish Thursday:
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Friday I fished with another friend Rick for half the day. The morning bite was very good. I got Rick halfway to the darkside. He caught his first steelhead using as float. We had a doubleheader on which was a first this year for us.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

2. corndawg

corndawg Go Bulldogs!!!

Nice fish Mepps. Great choice on how to spend those last 3 days of vacation. I'm starting to feel the pull of the Dark side and I think it’s only a matter of time for me too.

3. Nice job Mepps. It's always good to catch fish on vacation. Those fish are sure fresh!

4. I've heard about center pins but don't really know the difference or why you would use one over a fly rod. Can someone explain this to me? Thanks!

5. Looks like you had a great vacation, way to go on the steelies.