Ohio Game Fishing banner

41 - 50 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
I am saddened to hear about his passing. I have been out of sorts for a while. R I P. And bless all that knew him. I enjoyed his time with us on OGF. He will be missed, but well thought of.

·
TeamOGF
6,972 Posts
I'm saddened to hear this.
My condolences to all of Brian's family and friends.
In the more than a week long three-way conversation that Brian, diesel, and myself had, the three of us began to get to know each other decently.
We discussed our thoughts (ruminated) on a number of mutually interesting topics other than fishing.
We talked about the three of us getting out together on Erie some time, but my dad's need for my care, and then Brian's own health prevented it.
May the Lord comfort Brian's loved ones in this time of sorrow.

·
Registered
53 Posts
(STRONGPERSUADER) Brian was born on December 13, 1960 in Portsmouth, OH and passed away November 19, 2020 with his family by his side. He resided in Mentor, Ohio for the past 7 years and was previously an area resident of Mansfield, Ohio where he graduated from Mansfield Senior High School. Brian devotedly worked 15 years for Bunting Bearings and 10 years for Chipotle as the Facilities Manager. He was a very active member of Ohio Game Fishing. In his free time, he loved being outdoors, whether he was hunting, camping, boating, or fishing. He was also an avid Cleveland Browns fan and enjoyed watching every game. Brian enjoyed Classic Rock and playing the electric guitar. Once a year he would make an annual trip to Mansfield to play guitar and rock out in the garage of one of his lifelong friend’s. For 6 years Brain battled with cancer, fought hard, and still managed to make it his duty to keep those around him happy. He was always looking for the perfect opportunity to jump out and scare you or make you laugh with his goofy humor. Brian was very understanding. He was an amazing man, friend, and father. Not a day will go by that Brian is not missed by everyone that knew him.
I’m sorry to say that I didn’t know Brian but he sounds like a wonderful guy. I wish I had known him because from everything you mentioned I would have had no choice but to like him and want to spend time with him. I’m not sure what relationship you had with him but based on your wonderful post I would guess that the two of you were very close. What a blessing that you had him in your life and vice versa. Words cannot soothe the pain of his loss for you or his family but we should all cherish our time on this earth and embrace the time we have with family and friends because it can change so quickly. I’m glad that he had his family and friends by his side as he made his transition. Hold on to all of the wonderful memories the two of you shared because you will be able to revisit those memories when you meet again on the other side! May God bless you, Brian, his family, friends, and acquaintances!

41 - 50 of 50 Posts