deal or no deal

Discussion in 'Guns and Ammo' started by boonecreek, Jan 19, 2008.

1. a 12 ga. mosburg pump realtree heardwood camo., for a smith & wesson .17 cal. hnr double action revolver,( stainless steel ) w/ stainless steel red dot pistol scope and holster. sound lake a good deal? plus a 8 ft. 6 in. browning steel head rod ( casting ) goes with the pistol!!!

2. esoxhunter

esoxhunter Livin' the moontime

I'd rather have a Smith revolver than a Mossberg shotgun
    just my opinion

3. Toxic

Toxic Defensor Fortis

I'm with Esox. The S&W is a much higher end firearm.

4. Kinda have to wonder if there is a reason he is offering you such a deal??? Im not sure of the exact price on the handgun..but Im guessing you couldnt pick up any Smith revolver for much under $325, plus he is throwing in the holster, the pole, the fact that its stainless would add $20-25 to its value as well, in the end I would make sure to do your homework on it, maybe ask him if he has had any kind of problems with the gun.

5. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon Hangin' With My Gnomies

What kind of Mossberg is it? Is it a 500, or an 835? The reason I'm asking is that Mossberg makes/made a real nice NWTF 835 w/ that camo pattern. That NWTF 835 is a very nice gun. Its worth alot more than a reg $200 500, even w/ that being said....... I'd still rather have the S&W over either of the Mossbergs! (and I am not like most others, I am a Mossberg fan.)

I'm not a fan of the .17 but in my opinon you'd be crazy not to do this deal in a heartbeat, HOWEVER it's so good, that I might ask to shoot the gun 1st. A S&W revovler isn't like some of the newer S&W autos, that can be bought for $175-225. A S&W revovler no matter the model I would think is worth more than the Mossberg, plus the fact that your getting a red hot scope and holster?

I shot ya a PM in addition to this post.

6. if it is a Smith 647 it is a really good gun they sell for around $600 new

7. sorry; the pistol was a taurus tracker .17 hmr double action staenless steel mat finish w/ a simmons stainless steel mat finsh. did,nt get the holster, but i did get harden pistol case, the rod w/ 1076 abumatic reel. i had to let a 9 ft. 6 inch bass pro shop float and fly go with a mitchal 308x on the rod.