Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last Sunday I took my boat out on Lake Erie to do some perch fishing. I was having a preety good day I caught about 25 perch, 2 sheepshead, 1 white perch, and for the 1st time in my life I caught a walleye on a minnow. While I was measuring it to make sure that it was legal(16 in. so it was legal), it stuck me with it's fin, I dropped the fish and it flopped to the back of my boat where the plug is. There was a little bit of water built up back there. When I reached down to pick up the fish it was gone, then I realized that the walleye swam under my boat. I had to use a mirror and a flashlight to spot the fish when I got home, but it was too far up to get it I tried every thing to get the fish except cutting my floor. It's been a week and my garage stinks. Dose any one know how long it will take for the fish to decompose and the smell to be gone?

·
Banned
16,937 Posts
It should be gone in about 6 months

·
Now in a Alumacraft
1,531 Posts
LOL

This has happened to me also,but with a gill..I used a hose Flooded the back of the boat..She washed out..How about a coat hanger ??? Good luck

·
Banned
16,937 Posts
Maybe you can rent a ferret?

·
useless poster
8,807 Posts
i have always thaeught that would happen to me ,sitting in the back and playing with fish especially perch. try floodig ,while the front is propped up high. you may have to tilt the motor up to get the front high enough.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts